Casual Feeder Pay Rate

Good morning. I was offered a casual feeder position starting at 30/hr.

The feeder manager I spoke with told me that he has more work than drivers, even outside the peak season, so there would be a good chance of being hired on permanently after the layoff if I performed well.

I didn’t think to ask at that point, but should that scenario play out, would they hire back at the $30/hr. or would I begin the bottom rung of step progression at a much lower rate?

ManInBrown

First off never believe anything they tell you. They’ll say anything to get you in the door. We had 42 casuals last year in my building at peak. Not one was brought back yet. And yes, you do go back down to starting pay if you’re hired permanently.

First off never believe anything they tell you. They’ll say anything to get you in the door. We had 42 casuals last year in my building at peak. Not one was brought back yet. And yes, you do go back down to starting pay if you’re hired permanently.

That's a bummer. I could hack the layoff and float my way to work toward permanent, even if it takes some time, but that starting pay and step progression makes it a non-starter. Things I wish I would have known when I was in my early 20's before I had a family to support.

BottomFeeder909

Good morning. I was offered a casual feeder position starting at 30/hr.

The feeder manager I spoke with told me that he has more work than drivers, even outside the peak season, so there would be a good chance of being hired on permanently after the layoff if I performed well.

I didn’t think to ask at that point, but should that scenario play out, would they hire back at the $30/hr. or would I begin the bottom rung of step progression at a much lower rate?
They're lying to you. They will not hire you as a feeder driver sorry to inform you. Your destination is casual only.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Even though the position in the hiring website was updated when I interviewed to “Casual Feeder Driver”?

Such a bizarre operating environment.
916F3BA7-1A21-45A1-A04C-3EAEF2EB209C.gif

All my frustrations with my company aside, I couldn’t deal with that type of environment.

Hats off to those who can/did.

Last edited:

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
All my frustrations with FXF aside, I couldn’t deal with that type of environment.

Hats off to those who can/did.
If you give us your location we might be able to give you a better idea. Some parts of the country are really hard up for drivers

Trash Panda

Consider it a trial period. They like to try it before they buy it. I worked last peak then planned on coming back for summer vacation coverage. Got a perm offer instead due to some other variables going on. Just got to plan for it. Financially and with family.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
If you give us your location we might be able to give you a better idea. Some parts of the country are really hard up for drivers
You mean like us? We have 500 and I hear talk of them trying to get to 700.