Caught on camera: UPS Driver kicks dog.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Back when I was delivering, They added a subdivision to my area from the guy who delivered next to me. He warned me. There is a house at such and such an address, and they get stuff at least 2x a week, They have a dog, and it WILL bite you. Most of the time it runs loose, but even if the owner is there, it will nip you. It has gotten at least 4 UPS drivers before you. First time I get a package for the house, I walk up slowly with my head on a swivel. The owner is working in the yard. Don't see any dog. I'm standing there, holding the package while the customer is signing clipboard. The little bastid sneaks thru a hedge I'm standing next to and grabs my ankle. I am NOT amused. The owner laughs it off. Fluffy,1, driver, 0. I am gunning for this dog now, and they have gotten to where they put him in their closed garage and raise the roll up door about 3 inches when they aren't home. about a week passes, another package. Nobody home. I walk by the garage door and what do I see? Fluffy's snout sticking out from under the door, trying to bite my foot as I walk by. Bad move, Fluffy. Let's just say...Fluffy learned never to stick his snout where it didn't belong, and he had a new found respect for the men in brown after that. BTW, the names were NOT changed to protect the innocent in this story. The dog's name really was Fluffy. :censored3: you, Fluffy!

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
image.jpg
LOL who ever uses the word "clobbered"

illegalcourier

Driver 100% in the right. The pet owner charged him in a threatening manner and clenched his fist as if about to swing. His arm was cocked back as if about to throw a punch. Driver is 100% in the right and that owner is a liberal scum playing victim.

illegalcourier

In California, if someone charges you in a threatening manner, violates your space, and raises a clenched fist prepared to punch, you have every right to reasonably defend yourself.

Was the driver's actions reasonable? Given the totality of the circumstances (aggressive dog, aggressive owner) this driver had every right to defend himself the way he did. It was reasonable and ended the threat to his safety.

rorojo

Didn't this happen in May? If so its to late to discipline him the 10 working day window has closed. with that being said I wouldn't let a customer run up in me that way either.

Box Ox

Driver 100% in the right. The pet owner charged him in a threatening manner and clenched his fist as if about to swing. His arm was cocked back as if about to throw a punch. Driver is 100% in the right and that owner is a liberal scum playing victim.

Yep. Clenched fist up in the air puts it in the driver's favor for me. Clenched fist at his side wouldn't have been enough but the owner looked like he was ready to rumble and the driver had to make a quick choice.

Guy's lucky he got a shove instead of a fist to the face. Moving all those up to 150s every day makes us some strong armed/handed people.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
check out the link that capncrunch posted. the guy thought his dog was killed and he was "clobbered" twice.

he's just looking for an easy payday and he is gonna get it too. I wonder how he will feel if our guy got fired. this happened in may.
maybe someone will chime in . it happened in atuscadaro, California.

Faceplanted

I had an incident in the hood where a guy was in my cab. After asking said crack head to get out numerous times and he refused I told him don't think im soft cause of this uniform. He got out and came at me and I pushed him and chopped his neck at the same time on instant. It happens at hood gas station. The owner saw it all ran out told me don't worry just go, I got you if anything comes it. Thankfully nothing did. After working in the hood for years, I don't let anybody who appears threatening in my personal area. I feel it's an immediate threat. G checking them mentally by yelling and telling them get the friend Away right now or else has worked every time except that once.

Now I deliver in the nice part of town and I can let my guard down. It's msntally exhausting having your head in a swivel all day and making she's nobody is running up on you when you work in a real bad area (top 20 murder rate per cap)

I don't 100% agree with the driver, but growing up how i did and working where I have worked, somebody running at me like that is immediate threat to my safety. I think he handled that aspect as good as he could.

I think this vid is actually good for him. If I was said driver I would be ready to attorney up my self. The union gets pushed around by corporate way more now than years ago.

Peoples grow up very differently I think it's sad that a person who has never been in any type of conflict where your safety is in danger can even comment on how he should have acted with a guy running at him in a threatening way with his hand up looking like an assault was imminent

Last edited:

Faceplanted

To add more... Me personally I would not have kicked that dog nor have I ever had to. I have a "killer" pitbull my self who looks like she will kill you but she wouldn't harm a fly. Any dog not big enough to do serious harm to me isn't worth kicking or hitting I would prefer to get nipped than to kick a little dog just tryna say hi. But I'm a dog lover to the extreme and Im open minded enough to know most people... More so ups drivers are scared of any dog