Center not honoring 8 hour guarantee to drivers while using PVDs

HavenoEDD

Drivers happy to take overs and union allowing PVDs for the union dues. Two wrongs that aren’t going to be fixed anything soon.
Show up, demand your 8 and that’s the game until volume increases.

Over70irregs

Take their $ while chilling at the hub. They hate having a bunch of drivers making code 6 $ playing on their phones. A couple of days of that things will change quick.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
In NorCal PVD’s don’t pay dues, or dues as we would define them. They pay a $50 weekly usage fee to the Union. That’s $200 a month, $80 more then a RPCD does and they don’t even get representation. My center plans on running 100 PVD’s this peak. Along with being more then actual routes we will be running, that’s $20,000 a month our local will be receiving for the low cost of doing nothing.

542thruNthru

In NorCal PVD’s don’t pay dues, or dues as we would define them. They pay a $50 weekly usage fee to the Union. That’s $200 a month, $80 more then a RPCD does and they don’t even get representation. My center plans on running 100 PVD’s this peak. Along with being more then actual routes we will be running, that’s $20,000 a month our local will be receiving for the low cost of doing nothing.
Wow, that's crazy. Has your local filed a grievance on PVDs at all?

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Wow, that's crazy. Has your local filed a grievance on PVDs at all?
We’re all in with these PVD’s. Unfortunately most drivers can’t look pass their noses and willingly embrace the help, not realizing the long term negative consequences in the long run.

In regards to grievances, all of that was already settled. The result was top scale wages, the hope was a deterrent. Unfortunately the company said no problem.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
Than you would love working in the Hub. Except the Union loses supervisors working grievances. Is it any wonder a lot of PT don't see a reason to get involved in the Union.
I’m sure you have a good reason for saying this but in my limited first hand experience the union has never lost a grievance for the company violating article 3 section 7. And I am someone who loved working in the Hub and got fairly involved as a PT.

Johney

What do they pay them per hour? Here's what they get around here.

Last edited by a moderator: