Centers adding Saturday delivery

What'dyabringmetoday???

After the Local Level.... 688 would be involved with a tri-state panel before the Central Region JAC.

To get a ruling on National language, you need a factual case, as they don't hear requests for interpretations.

And that is what everyone is wondering about the 22.4 Jobs.

They were supposed to be combo jobs, to help alleviate the excessive overtime and staff the preload.

Not a cheaper version of a pkg car driver....
Seems like the 22.4 debacle would have been figured out before settling the contract. I guess that's why you're so much smarter than everyone else.

After the Local Level.... 688 would be involved with a tri-state panel before the Central Region JAC.

To get a ruling on National language, you need a factual case, as they don't hear requests for interpretations.

They were supposed to be combo jobs, to help alleviate the excessive overtime and staff the preload.

But yet they still post them as flex combo jobs

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

This is what frustrates people with the IBT

1) if all of us dumb package car drivers knew it was just a cheaper package car driver why couldn’t the IBT see it? This is why there needed to be language like (if they drive for over 5 hours all hours will be paid at RPCD rate)

2) “this is what everyone is wondering” ok we are over 2 years into the contract. There are recordings of the intent of the language. What is being done to actually enforce the intent?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

1) if all of us dumb package car drivers knew it was just a cheaper package car driver why couldn’t the IBT see it? This is why there needed to be language like (if they drive for over 5 hours all hours will be paid at RPCD rate)

2) “this is what everyone is wondering” ok we are over 2 years into the contract. There are recordings of the intent of the language. What is being done to actually enforce the intent?

I’am thinking the union and company like it just as it is
The teamsters are collecting more dues
(Which is what this is really all about) and
ups doesent face any real consequences plus cheaper labor since the language is so vague

it’s a win for both

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I’am thinking the union and company like it just as it is
The teamsters are collecting more dues
(Which is what this is really all about) and
ups doesent face any real consequences plus cheaper labor since the language is so vague

it’s a win for both
You’d think if the intent was for them to be combo jobs they’d push the issue. That would mean they’d need to hire even more of them. Even more pension and dues money

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
So I don’t know if it’s nationwide or regional or local but seems Saturday delivery is in the plan for most centers by me by end of summer.

What I’m wondering is how the “18 months after ratification” is being interpreted around the country?

Here we are being told it is 18 months after the center starts Saturday delivery. So essentially the bottom 25% of our RPCD are being told they’ll be moving to a tues-sat schedule. Some of these guys have 5+ years seniority and suddenly are being told they will be moved to tues-sat.

The way the contract reads is that all RPCD should stay on a M-friend schedule and any Saturday work would be offer from the top force from the bottom
Saturday deliveries are so 2020 we need to start thinking about Sunday deliveries! That is next. Got to keep up with Amazon and Fed-X.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat

They need a minimum time inside the hub first (we are coded for that)

ManInBrown

Enjoy Monday's. Lol. Huge cluster.
This. Was in the area of my old package route on a Monday a few weeks ago, and saw the driver that has my bid. Three routes over from where he should have been, delivering business work. Stopped to chat and asked what the heck are you doing over here. Told me on Mondays he basically does the whole town. So instead of 3 routes, it’s just him. Lolol. What a sheetshow.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
work as directed, file 8 hour requests on Saturday. File 9.5 grievances, contract violation grievances, article 37 grievances, supervisor working grievances. Just bury them in grievances

I think the company has the right to work you Tuesday to Saturday if they wish. However since they are out of the 18 to 24 month window that the contract afforded them, I believe that they have to pay you premium pay for Saturday and they may owe you Monday pay since that is your contractual work day.
No you don't have to work if they schedule you as t-s and you are an RPCD. They had their time to staff and they chose not to.
I was told T-S RPCDs have already been changed to M-friend in the system and they can't point you for not showing up.
You should consult your BA first and confirm they are on the same page*

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This. Was in the area of my old package route on a Monday a few weeks ago, and saw the driver that has my bid. Three routes over from where he should have been, delivering business work. Stopped to chat and asked what the heck are you doing over here. Told me on Mondays he basically does the whole town. So instead of 3 routes, it’s just him. Lolol. What a sheetshow.
Less stops but a whole lot of extra miles.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Saturday deliveries are so 2020 we need to start thinking about Sunday deliveries! That is next. Got to keep up with Amazon and Fed-X.
Get with the times old man
Screenshot_20210422-195110~2.png

Seymour Packages

We've had Sat ground delivery for more than 2 years now. 'Due to Covid' my local agreed to extend the company's 18 and 24 month (the latter for RPCDs hired into T-S, and presumably 22.4s who became RPCDs) windows. The extension for the 24 month window ends at the end of this month. The BA actually has kept pressure on the center manager, and there's only a few RPCDs still working Sat. Of course they've still just been trying to force M-friend drivers in on Sat and coding call-ins as occurrences.

Who is saying the 18 month window begins once Sat ground begins? Just the company or also your local?
804?