Centers adding Saturday delivery

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Anything resi that isn't super-rural is being opened to Saturday delivery

Not much change for bigger buildings, a lot of podunks are going to have a culture shock

Sunday next year, dunno what the :censored2: we'll bother doing but it's going to be activated

Our first 22.4’s were hired into m-friend in January and now ups is refusing to hire more 22.4’s. They have been using part timers to run Saturday ground. they fought so hard to have 22.4 drivers in contract now they refuse to hire them because they don’t want more drivers. I’m turning in my grievance this morning

What do you mean by 22.4's being hired into M-friend? You guys need to file and un-fk that situation asap.

Article 22 sec 4 (b) pgh 5
"All 22.4 combination drivers shall work a five (5) consecutive day schedule of Tuesday through Saturday or Wednesday through Sunday. This paragraph shall supersede any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum on the same subject."

Overpaid Union Thug

This is what frustrates people with the IBT

1) if all of us dumb package car drivers knew it was just a cheaper package car driver why couldn’t the IBT see it? This is why there needed to be language like (if they drive for over 5 hours all hours will be paid at RPCD rate)

2) “this is what everyone is wondering” ok we are over 2 years into the contract. There are recordings of the intent of the language. What is being done to actually enforce the intent?
In my building we have had between 5-10 RPCDs regularly working preload then going home or running their routes. But not once has a 22.4 worked inside. AMAZING.

SATURDAYS

A9BF9E8E-46B1-4E98-B461-E3E197D4A7DA.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So yep start Saturdays in a few weeks and have zero 22.4 hired. The bottom 1/3 of RPCD were told the company has 18 months from the first day our center delivers Saturday before they can’t be forced on T-S.

Also lost multiple sups working grievances because of things like “you weren’t on the extra work sign up sheet” or “ you filed 9.5 that week”

It’s sad right now. A number of guys have come
up to me this week and said I just wish RTW would pass so at least I’m not paying for this.

So yep start Saturdays in a few weeks and have zero 22.4 hired. The bottom 1/3 of RPCD were told the company has 18 months from the first day our center delivers Saturday before they can’t be forced on T-S.

Also lost multiple sups working grievances because of things like “you weren’t on the extra work sign up sheet” or “ you filed 9.5 that week”

up to me this week and said I just wish RTW would pass so at least I’m not paying for this.
You need a bunch of guys to call off a couple Saturdays in a row....

Seymour Packages

Saturdays are a complete sheetshow where I'm at. 3 routes in 1, everybody calls off, and there is always rolled work. Ask them if you can use an optional or sick day for your forced Saturday. They will say no since it isnt yout scheduled day. Record them saying that then proceed to not show up.

Nah

Starting in June here. No 22.4s yet, but a bid just came down. Although management seems confused as to what they're supposed to do with it now. And we already have more RPCDs than we have trucks.

So yeah. It's gonna be fun.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Starting in June here. No 22.4s yet, but a bid just came down. Although management seems confused as to what they're supposed to do with it now. And we already have more RPCDs than we have trucks.

So yeah. It's gonna be fun.
Sounds like you’re in for a total sh**show
They manipulate the volume to give just enough to justify a Saturday operation. The trucks will be light.
Friday’s will always be screwed because they run extra to make sure they don’t have to pay ot Saturday
Monday’s are now a dice roll as sometimes they stop running volume on Saturdays so they don’t have to pay any Saturday ot. Sometimes Mondays are easy, sometimes you’re covering a neighbors pickups because that route got cut.
What? I have the C route but you cut the B route on the loop? Okeeeeey
Do yourself a favor and turn your brain off

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Yawn....you guys have it easy. Should of been one of the buildings that rolled out Sat Ground 3 years ago. Talk about a train wreck, first too much volume, then not enough volume, then Monday’s were a disaster cause we had our JV squad running a T-S schedule then Friday’s became a nightmare cause they were trying to unload advanced volume.

Yeah you guys are basically showing up late to the party and we’re about to burn through that last keg. This just in....you don’t need any stinking 22.4’s, you green horns are the 22.4’s. Lol

rustys954rr

Yawn....you guys have it easy. Should of been one of the buildings that rolled out Sat Ground 3 years ago. Talk about a train wreck, first too much volume, then not enough volume, then Monday’s were a disaster cause we had our JV squad running a T-S schedule then Friday’s became a nightmare cause they were trying to unload advanced volume.

Yeah you guys are basically showing up late to the party and we’re about to burn through that last keg. This just in....you don’t need any stinking 22.4’s, you green horns are the 22.4’s. Lol
You act like this company learns from it's mistakes.