Centers adding Saturday delivery

What'dyabringmetoday???

So yep start Saturdays in a few weeks and have zero 22.4 hired. The bottom 1/3 of RPCD were told the company has 18 months from the first day our center delivers Saturday before they can’t be forced on T-S.

Also lost multiple sups working grievances because of things like “you weren’t on the extra work sign up sheet” or “ you filed 9.5 that week”

It’s sad right now. A number of guys have come
up to me this week and said I just wish RTW would pass so at least I’m not paying for this.
Best contract ever- thanks to the membership. Lol.

When convenient for the leaders.
I agree with you on that point because after the vote Tally was announced the company said they was willing to go back to the bargaining table.
So we lost all in any leverage we had after they decided to impose the contract
Who was not afforded the opportunity to vote ?

Oh yeah....

People that are not dues paying members.
We need to find a way to get the members engaged somehow. They could not make it any easier to vote and if we do not vote we will not get any good offers.

charm299

I agree with you on that point because after the vote Tally was announced the company said they was willing to go back to the bargaining table.
So we lost all in any leverage we had after they decided to impose the contract

We need to find a way to get the members engaged somehow. They could not make it any easier to vote and if we do not vote we will not get any good offers.
We can members engaged to vote by offering free crap to them like reperations and monthly checks,once they vote not give it to them. Or we can put a tax on the top rate drivers and give that tax to the part timers

Pullman Brown

40 routes on Saturday with 21 22.4s. All but 21 of our 120 plus drivers were on the forced list! Why? No hours. And if they don’t replace or add RPCDS, which they aren’t or don’t want to, then they will have to hire more 22.4’s then Saturday routes because 22.4’s are being forced in on Monday to cover RPCD understaffing. It’s a vicious cycle! The place is about to explode! Like I said before, the national contract and my supplemental is going to have to have the strongest no sixth punch language that it’s ever had or it will never get a yes vote in my hub! Great for you guys that have it but everybody else better take this serious and get the word out because they don’t care about working us like dogs and have made our Union look like fools with this contract!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
40 routes on Saturday with 21 22.4s. All but 21 of our 120 plus drivers were on the forced list! Why? No hours. And if they don’t replace or add RPCDS, which they aren’t or don’t want to, then they will have to hire more 22.4’s then Saturday routes because 22.4’s are being forced in on Monday to cover RPCD understaffing. It’s a vicious cycle! The place is about to explode! Like I said before, the national contract and my supplemental is going to have to have the strongest no sixth punch language that it’s ever had or it will never get a yes vote in my hub! Great for you guys that have it but everybody else better take this serious and get the word out because they don’t care about working us like dogs and have made our Union look like fools with this contract!

The Union clearly doesn’t care. We are basically told we must not care if more people didn’t vote.

Yeah that’s called apathy.

Ghost in the Darkness

Are they making existing sups cover the 6 days without adding any new sups? The other sup here is going crazy trying to impress with micro-management/harassment with the drivers in their group. My sup hasn't changed his style... maybe see him walk by and says hi once or twice during the week. Other than that I don't hear from him. But he has been there longer than the other sup. My thought is the other sup is fearing that they will have to be Tuesday-Saturday sup.