Central Region - Cardinal Sins

upschuck

I heard there is a shortage of supplies for the RFID machines and tags, so only the smaller buildings are getting them around here for the time being.

bwnskin

How are you guys interpreting this? We have been debating it....

View attachment 440803

To some of us its a running sentance so ALL the things listed DO NOT count as dishonesty and we CAN NOT be fired for them. So it's to our favor. Other drivers think the exact opposite and think now we can be fired for not following the methods.
Does this go for unreported accidents? Being it's part of a procedure.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
View attachment 440804
If you want to complain about something in the Central, people should complain about this change from "Shall" to "attemp to"
Why would this be something to complain about?

Prior to this change, only the Union was required (shall) to make themselves available in 10 days upon request, with no onus on the Company to do the same.

As written now the language is equitable for all parties

Trucker Clock

Does this go for unreported accidents? Being it's part of a procedure.

ARTICLE 17-DISCHARGE OR SUSPENSIONS

The Employer shall not discharge nor suspend any employee without just cause. No employee shall be suspended or discharged without first being given (1) warning letter of a complaint and also be given a local level hearing except for the following offenses

(SubpartF) failure to report an accident that the driver had or should have had knowledge of

I had to put in SubpartF because this forum changes "eff" to friend.

Trucker Clock

friend.jpg

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
How are you guys interpreting this? We have been debating it....

View attachment 440803

To some of us its a running sentance so ALL the things listed DO NOT count as dishonesty and we CAN NOT be fired for them. So it's to our favor. Other drivers think the exact opposite and think now we can be fired for not following the methods.
I interpret it as there have been problems with supervisors firing guys for dishonesty when it should be about failure to follow methods warning letters. Happens everywhere from what I read on here. Glad to see they attacked the problem.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Why would this be something to complain about?

Prior to this change, only the Union was required (shall) to make themselves available in 10 days upon request, with no onus on the Company to do the same.

As written now the language is equitable for all parties
You need to worry more about your fantasy football team and less and "wording " Poindexter

Karma...

seems to me that most of you dudes are of the younger generation and embrace the enlightened, woke and entitled mantras that your generation has heartily swallowed..

bwnskin

I interpret it as there have been problems with supervisors firing guys for dishonesty when it should be about failure to follow methods warning letters. Happens everywhere from what I read on here. Glad to see they attacked the problem.
I like how management can do this and not get into any trouble it almost seems like a lawsuit is possible.

Karma...

the reason is that management are the owners and rightly so...there are management and then there are peons......make your decision and live with it....

oldngray

nowhere special
the reason is that management are the owners and rightly so...there are management and then there are peons......make your decision and live with it....
Any hourly that owns stock is just as much an owner as management. Not the same as it was before UPS went public.