Central Region...Forced 6th punch 8 hour guarantee?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
We have been told if we work anybody over 14 (as in say drive and then have them on as a helper) they are not allowed to drive until they have a new 34 hour reset period. That came from the DM.

That is your DM local policy. He can do anything he wants.

But, according to the law, if they work over 14, they just need 10 hours off to drive again. But most of the drivers being used as helpers are on Friday or Saturday because they have reached their 60 hours already.

You need 34 hours off to reset your 60.

They could work without the 34 hour reset but couldn't drive.

No, they just need 10 hours off to drive again. Unless they already have their 60 for the week.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You can't drive after 13 hours of on duty time, we always say 14 hours at UPS because you're supposed to take a 1 hour lunch in there somewhere which doesn't count towards the 13 hours. But if you work through that lunch like a lot of drivers do then technically you would be in violation if you were driving after 13 hours.
Nope has nothing to do with full Lunch or no lunch.

Brownslave688

We have been told if we work anybody over 14 (as in say drive and then have them on as a helper) they are not allowed to drive until they have a new 34 hour reset period. That came from the DM.

They could work without the 34 hour reset but couldn't drive.

They can drive they just need 10 hours off. So if you worked 15 minutes over then start time would need to be pushed back 15 minutes the next day.

From who I know and talk to management is pretty clueless on the actual laws.

Brownslave688

That is your DM local policy. He can do anything he wants.

But, according to the law, if they work over 14, they just need 10 hours off to drive again. But most of the drivers being used as helpers are on Friday or Saturday because they have reached their 60 hours already.

You need 34 hours off to reset your 60.

No, they just need 10 hours off to drive again. Unless they already have their 60 for the week.
Maybe we are just a bunch of dumb truck drivers. This is first grade math. I just don't get what's so hard about it.

oldngray

nowhere special
They can drive they just need 10 hours off. So if you worked 15 minutes over then start time would need to be pushed back 15 minutes the next day.

From who I know and talk to management is pretty clueless on the actual laws.

I was referring to the need for a reset before driving if they had already worked 60 hours that week. They could keep working but not driving.