Central region - On road sup

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I guess my major concerns are, am I no longer part of the union, how much do I have to pay for my insurance, and are they gonna make me up and leave to go to another center at the drop of a dime, if they do is it for a day or can they permanently move you. I did use the search button, no straight answers that I an find. Just lots of jokes per usual. I'm not trying to make a bad move for my family. All jokes aside. Just need some real answers.

These are questions you need to ask whoever is trying to hire you

It’s gonna be mostly lies But maybe you can filter through it

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
There really is no reason anybody should leave the union in a job change unless it was some huge college-secured jump. Here's a list of actually good non-union jobs that are actually worth a damn: plant engineering, business development branch (I think this is where @TearsInRain is at right now), Diesel/Maintenance mechanic, the occupational health nurse, programming, and the big two division manager and any lead consultant.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
apparently nobody is part of the union with the contract being forced through, it is like all no votes did not exist

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm trying to get back in @cheryl and @tonyexpress good graces after @Big Arrow Down...D has corrupted me into being mean to new people lately, and bullied me into posting inappropriate gifs and memes
91913785-3386-4CA9-8EC9-503004BB365E.jpeg

Brownpants80

Anyone know how much they pay for insurance...

With all this 9.5 its not looking like a big pay difference. All peak we were 9.5 and we have one of the busiest centers around. Once 22.4 arrives....i probably wont work mondays due to no volume.

Hense why im concodering a change. Maybe not such a bad idea to concider saving my body.

Im thinking about a change to feeders also. Not sounding to good to leave the union strictly for the healthcare.

Underallowed306

I was also asked to do it. I wrestled with the decision because I was still in progression. I went back and forth, ultimately deciding to decline the position. The pay was approximately the same with no insurance. They do get bonuses but it is not guaranteed. My good friend is actually my on road supervisor. He told me to keep driving as long as I was happy. UPS wants clipboard toting managers, not leaders. Best thing that never happened to me.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Full time on road supervisor vs. full time driver

Rumor has it I'm going to be asked to be a full time on road sup. One of my managers gave me a heads up. I have no idea what the pay / hours or benefits are. Can anyone give some input- Central region. Looks like from what I can find they pay for part of there insurance? Currently Im a FTD in progression still at my 2nd yr.
250k to start plus stock.

Brownpants80

I think i might switch to feeders though. Shouldnt have started in my 40s. Not to mention they like how fast i work so im the only one who leaves the hub with 250+ daily and get told oh, dont forget 9.5!

F

Frankie's Friend

Anyone know how much they pay for insurance...

With all this 9.5 its not looking like a big pay difference. All peak we were 9.5 and we have one of the busiest centers around. Once 22.4 arrives....i probably wont work mondays due to no volume.

Hense why im concodering a change. Maybe not such a bad idea to concider saving my body.

Im thinking about a change to feeders also. Not sounding to good to leave the union strictly for the healthcare.
Why dont you ask the management people who want to "promote" you?!

Dude, you'll fit right in.

No idea where to get answers so you come on here to get what? Answers for your future employment?

Get management to put your (loss of) wages, (substandard) healthcare plan, and your (loss of) vacation weeks on paper.

Then you can come back on here and tell us if you're required to pay union dues.

RolloTony Brown Town

Full time on road supervisor vs. full time driver

Rumor has it I'm going to be asked to be a full time on road sup. One of my managers gave me a heads up. I have no idea what the pay / hours or benefits are. Can anyone give some input- Central region. Looks like from what I can find they pay for part of there insurance? Currently Im a FTD in progression still at my 2nd yr.

The job can be a hassle unless you have a degree and can get moved into a different department outside of operations.

Don’t accept unless they off you a base of 90k. When they ask why explain to them that as a top rate driver averaging 9.5 hours per day and overtime after 8 you’ll be making 100k per year. Odds are they won’t match it but that’s the reality. I’m here to make money. I’ll make more driving. Stay a driver. As a matter of fact stay in the union, get your cdl, go feeders and when you’re sick of working go feeder on road and coast into an easy retirement.