Central region - On road sup

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Brownpants80, Mar 14, 2019 at 8:50 AM.

1. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

These are questions you need to ask whoever is trying to hire you

It’s gonna be mostly lies But maybe you can filter through it

2. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

I heard your best move was the way you slide out from under the bosses desk

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Coldworld

Coldworld Bad mall cop...no donut!!!

Ask @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U for advice... he is considered the expert at that...lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. eats packages

eats packages Why won't the door close?

There really is no reason anybody should leave the union in a job change unless it was some huge college-secured jump. Here's a list of actually good non-union jobs that are actually worth a damn: plant engineering, business development branch (I think this is where @TearsInRain is at right now), Diesel/Maintenance mechanic, the occupational health nurse, programming, and the big two division manager and any lead consultant.

5. ski or die

ski or die Ski or Die

I have been searching for the search button for almost 20 minutes and have not located it. Is there another button that searches for the search button?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

apparently nobody is part of the union with the contract being forced through, it is like all no votes did not exist

7. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

91913785-3386-4CA9-8EC9-503004BB365E.jpeg

8. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

Not a Chance they are going to offer you a FT Management position.

You will start PT and probably be working Sunrise Sort in Keokuk, IA.

9. Brownpants80

Brownpants80 Member

Anyone know how much they pay for insurance...

With all this 9.5 its not looking like a big pay difference. All peak we were 9.5 and we have one of the busiest centers around. Once 22.4 arrives....i probably wont work mondays due to no volume.

Hense why im concodering a change. Maybe not such a bad idea to concider saving my body.

Im thinking about a change to feeders also. Not sounding to good to leave the union strictly for the healthcare.

10. Dough99

Dough99 Member

B9F920AF-A5D0-4A87-B06D-917B51827A1B.gif

11. Underallowed306

Underallowed306 New Member

I was also asked to do it. I wrestled with the decision because I was still in progression. I went back and forth, ultimately deciding to decline the position. The pay was approximately the same with no insurance. They do get bonuses but it is not guaranteed. My good friend is actually my on road supervisor. He told me to keep driving as long as I was happy. UPS wants clipboard toting managers, not leaders. Best thing that never happened to me.

12. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

250k to start plus stock.

13. Brownpants80

Brownpants80 Member

I considered it for half a day. Not for me. Gonna pass on that offer.

14. Brownpants80

Brownpants80 Member

I think i might switch to feeders though. Shouldnt have started in my 40s. Not to mention they like how fast i work so im the only one who leaves the hub with 250+ daily and get told oh, dont forget 9.5!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • List
  15. Sickofit

Sickofit watching the show

Why dont you ask the management people who want to "promote" you?!

Dude, you'll fit right in.

No idea where to get answers so you come on here to get what? Answers for your future employment?

Get management to put your (loss of) wages, (substandard) healthcare plan, and your (loss of) vacation weeks on paper.

Then you can come back on here and tell us if you're required to pay union dues.

16. Dough99

Dough99 Member

17. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Do you get paid extra for working so fast?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Nice gif! Lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I don't think Keokuk has a center. Maybe Quincy Ill.

20. RolloTony Brown Town

RolloTony Brown Town Active Member

The job can be a hassle unless you have a degree and can get moved into a different department outside of operations.

Don’t accept unless they off you a base of 90k. When they ask why explain to them that as a top rate driver averaging 9.5 hours per day and overtime after 8 you’ll be making 100k per year. Odds are they won’t match it but that’s the reality. I’m here to make money. I’ll make more driving. Stay a driver. As a matter of fact stay in the union, get your cdl, go feeders and when you’re sick of working go feeder on road and coast into an easy retirement.