Central Region Saturday Ground

Coldworld

60 months and counting
image.png

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Make Saturday work part time-permanent. That solves much of the problem and brings in revenue for the union. The company could always offer work to the full timers if they needed some extras.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Make Saturday work part time-permanent. That solves much of the problem and brings in revenue for the union. The company could always offer work to the full timers if they needed some extras.
Not now Wally.. We're talking about 40 ouncers and big boobs...come back later with that business talk!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Both. Use part time to expand Saturday.
I disagree. Why not take these Monday cut routes that are cut every Monday and roll them in a Tuesday through Saturday? We already use casuals 26 weeks out of the year, I say always push full time positions. Wally, by any chance, are you in local 89?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I disagree. Why not take these Monday cut routes that are cut every Monday and roll them in a Tuesday through Saturday? We already use casuals 26 weeks out of the year, I say always push full time positions. Wally, by any chance, are you in local 89?
177. T-S will sure create havoc. How many extra drivers will we have Tuesday thru Friday?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
How about ups just advance loads from Chicago and make it where more comes in on Sunday so there is no need for so much cutting... They advance loads all the time during peak... They don't have to keep loading up guys with 12 hours of work either...this can work, it just can't be slashing and burning for Monday...