Central Region Saturday Ground

LeadBelly

Banned
Full driver rate for sure.
Yes I agree. It kinda sucks that we have to compete with the usps that's backed by the government, can lose money like nobody's business and then pay 16 an hour to deliver just Amazon on sundays. Don't even get me started on competition with Fed Ex...

PT Car Washer

Make Saturday work part time-permanent. That solves much of the problem and brings in revenue for the union. The company could always offer work to the full timers if they needed some extras.
One day a week package car drivers? I am sure they will be productive. We have a hard enough time finding 6 PT air drivers for Saturday. Maybe use some moonlighting FedEx or USPS drivers. I hope the Union and the members never approve this.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yes I agree. It kinda sucks that we have to compete with the usps that's backed by the government, can lose money like nobody's business and then pay 16 an hour to deliver just Amazon on sundays. Don't even get me started on competition with Fed Ex...
Aren't a majority of the post office folks making more than 16 an hour??

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I wonder if a lot of the folks who don't want part time doing Saturday air, feel safe knowing they won't have to work Saturdays? So, to make things fair, make everyone available for the Tuesday thru Saturday shift. Share the pain because it's the right thing to do.

PT Car Washer

I wonder if a lot of the folks who don't want part time doing Saturday air, feel safe knowing they won't have to work Saturdays? So, to make things fair, make everyone available for the Tuesday thru Saturday shift. Share the pain because it's the right thing to do.
Do you mean Saturday Ground, because we already have PT Saturday air drivers.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Then what's the point of the Union and seniority?

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Did you hot wire it into your truck and have it sitting up on the dash next to your dog treats and 44 oz cola from 7-11... Old school gangster style right there.... Maybe have your can of cope up there along with sack of sunflower seeds.
Gotta go to WaWa

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
What's wawa
IMG_0128.JPG

LeadBelly

Banned
Art 40 allows PT air drivers. Art 40 allows PT employees to work FT hours at FT rate.
Article 40 was implemented very quickly right after when the ups air operations first started. The negotiators needed language. We will have to get some good proposals for our officers who negotiate this next ups contract. We need to cover any and all scenarios. When article 40 language wast first negotiated we all would have been better off served if we could see into th future. That's not possible but we need to think outside the box as to what this could all lead to.