Central states pensioners, please read!

Overpaid Union Thug

Is your new pension really secured? Please read what tud is saying.

This, and other reasons, is exactly why I'm seriously considering staying in the National Guard for 14 more years so I can get a pension. I simply don't trust UPS nor the Teamsters. I figure a good 401K, some growth stock mutual funds, and a couple of other projects I'm considering combined with a military pension should help out if our UPS pension ends up falling short.

This, and other reasons, is exactly why I'm seriously considering staying in the National Guard for 14 more years so I can get a pension. I simply don't trust UPS nor the Teamsters. I figure a good 401K, some growth stock mutual funds, and a couple of other projects I'm considering combined with a military pension should help out if our UPS pension ends up falling short.
Will the NG sign up a 59 year old, worn out guy?

705red

Browncafe Steward
Big, I do not remember this being discussed back during the contract, so I apologize if it was. Was this on the table then? Was everyone under the impression that the cs but out would cover you for the rest of your career/retirement? Or is this news to everyone that voted on it?

If this is new, i wonder how many people would have voted yes knowing what they now know?

705red

Browncafe Steward
TDU has no problem threatening everyones pensions to further thier own personal agenda.
Please enlighten us and show us that tdu is providing false information!

Or are you just upset that its apparent that tdu has outed this conspiracy that ups and the ibt has created?

If what tdu has posted is true, and until someone shots holes in their story we will treat is true, does anyone have any idea what kind of concessions the members will have to give in order to keep ups to this agreement?

We are talking about giving up our current medical, wage freezes, etc. Why? Because our current leadership did a piss poor job on this language! Something as serious as this should have been addressed for years down the road.

tieguy

Banned
Please enlighten us and show us that tdu is providing false information!

Or are you just upset that its apparent that tdu has outed this conspiracy that ups and the ibt has created?

If what tdu has posted is true, and until someone shots holes in their story we will treat is true, does anyone have any idea what kind of concessions the members will have to give in order to keep ups to this agreement?

We are talking about giving up our current medical, wage freezes, etc. Why? Because our current leadership did a piss poor job on this language! Something as serious as this should have been addressed for years down the road.

there some things called pension laws you may want to explore before you completely submit yourself to this dribble. But then again that dribble is what you wanted to believe.

I know you're somehow associated with that tdu site and its postings. You should be ashamed of yourself for trying to constantly throw the CS pensioners into hysteria with your pension threats.

Last edited:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
UPS knows how to make money while Central States only knows how to lose it. Guess who I wish all my pension was with.

local804

UPS knows how to make money while Central States only knows how to lose it. Guess who I wish all my pension was with.

We have been through this before Scratch with the 804-UPS plan that I am with. You can remember the problems we had approx 2 years ago and the cuts they gave us with the 447 president? Before you wish upon a star, take a look on the other side of the fence on whats going on out here. Like you boss tells you all the time, get the big picture.

upsdude

Will the NG sign up a 59 year old, worn out guy?

Hey, count in this 52 year old nearly worn out guy. I have a plan trplnkl, we both sign up and fill one spot. We can split the pay, duties, and pension. Lets see, 52+59=111, divide 111 by 2 =
55.5 divided by 2 = 27.75. That will give the Guard a really efficient 28 year old!

tieguy

Banned
We have been through this before Scratch with the 804-UPS plan that I am with. You can remember the problems we had approx 2 years ago and the cuts they gave us with the 447 president? Before you wish upon a star, take a look on the other side of the fence on whats going on out here. Like you boss tells you all the time, get the big picture.

you don't think his saying CS loses money is getting the big picture?

P

pickup

from the bottom of broken arrow up's posts

"A recession is when your neighbor lose his job. A depression is when you lose yours. A recovery is when Barack Obama loses his.

What was it called when for the last year of Bush's 2nd term? It wasn't even acknowledged until after the McCain Obama election, that the nation was in a recession that started in November of 2008. A whole year went by before the government's economists stated that that is when the recession started. I guess the republican administration didn't want to hinder McCain's candidacy anymore than he hindered it by himself.

705red

Browncafe Steward
there some things called pension laws you may want to explore before you completely submit yourself to this dribble. But then again that dribble is what you wanted to believe.

I know you're somehow associated with that tdu site and its postings. You should be ashamed of yourself for trying to constantly throw the CS pensioners into hysteria with your pension threats.
First of any teamster can contact TDU! But to please you i will say that i am not a card carrying TDU member.

And under ERISA as we have just dealt with here in our lawsuit the terms of a pension can be outlined during a negotiation. I am by no means a pension expert! I am however a concerned UPS Teamster and i believe that the last contract was a ruch to save the cs pensioners, when all we did was by them 5 years!

local804

you don't think his saying CS loses money is getting the big picture?

Look outside the window, everyone is losing money(recession). I think too many people like to play the blame game and not look at it on the other side. Not directing anything toward you Scratch.

tieguy

Banned
First of any teamster can contact TDU! But to please you i will say that i am not a card carrying TDU member.

And under ERISA as we have just dealt with here in our lawsuit the terms of a pension can be outlined during a negotiation. I am by no means a pension expert! I am however a concerned UPS Teamster and i believe that the last contract was a ruch to save the cs pensioners, when all we did was by them 5 years!

And I believe the TDU has thier own ambitions and thier own agenda and would think nothing of creating some pension hysteria for thier own personal gain.

tieguy

Banned
Look outside the window, everyone is losing money(recession). I think too many people like to play the blame game and not look at it on the other side. Not directing anything toward you Scratch.

my views fine. CS and your pension too lost money when everyone else was making money during the good years. You blamed the company for 804's problems but the company can only prop up your plan for so long before your guys have to step up and do something.

remember the mechanics pension and west new york they get the same amount of money from ups as all the other plans yet those retirees are making a killing on thier pension. it should be the same for everyone else. You brag about 25 and out when in reality ups has paid enough where you should get so much more.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Big Arrow Up - I stayed with the NG for 23 years its worth it, hang in there. I also worked at UPS full time and continue to do so now.

tieguy

Banned
Hey 705, why do you let a Stupidvisor like Tieguy even talk to you about TDU. Like he has a clue. He's just a sniper with a burr in his butt. He lives to hate drivers.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Snipers Dil. Nothing positive to contribute. Just pick apart with snide remarks, and shoot down anything. Talk about hiding behind the computer.

roflmao I think that about covers it. thanks for describing your sniper activity dumass dot com

roflmao now brown has neg reped me after i pointed out that he practiced the sniping he originally brought up. what a baby.

i hope you stay awhile. I think I can eventually help you sound educated.

Last edited: