Central States - Voices for Pension Security - On Topic Please

B6BC547B-C0A7-402E-B0DA-A7AA70B309A7.jpeg

One of Ronnie’s friends

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
That's OK, the bible says it is a sin crying out to God for vengeance.
No one gets away with it eternally.

Romans 12:19 " Vengeance is mine, I will repay saith the Lord ''
Don't know where it says its a sin to cry out to God for vengeance though.
So..guilty individually? Never thought I was sinnin' paying dues or getting a pension check.

Union or Company, it is all about lining the pockets of the ones on top.
God is not a fool, or blind.

Money is always the motivator. Legal or illegal.
Its ok to have it.. as long as you don't let it have you.

F

Frankie's Friend

That's OK, the bible says it is a sin crying out to God for vengeance.
No one gets away with it eternally.

Union or Company, it is all about lining the pockets of the ones on top.
God is not a fool, or blind.
This is minor in the big picture of life. Big to drivers. But small in measure if you compare it to real violations that abound.

Google New York City crime and compare losing 30 min of lunch to that train wreck of humanity.

trickpony1

I really hope members use their voice to get the senators and representatives to enact a solution so we will have a pension at retirement.

The time some people spend on this forum could be used to email, call or write letters asking for support of the Butch Lewis Act and The Joint Select Committee.

It's too easy to say, "oh well...it doesn't affect me...I'm not retiring anytime soon.".

It's so much easier to drink beer and surf browncafe.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
The one way to help the crisis is everyone at the IBT should be put on an immediate wage freeze. Then they should be forced to drive their own vehicles and be reimbursed only for mileage. Is Hoffa really worth $400,000.00 a year? How many clients does he have anyway? If you look at how much the upper echelon has increased their pay over the years - that is part of the problem-it must be nice to give yourself a raise with everyone else's money. Look how much Abney has been raking in. Did he really need that BIG of a raise. He has forgotten what it is to struggle. People have been working for this pention for too many years to have it ripped out from under them. This is why so many people don't like unions anymore. I know of other people who worked in packing plants who ended up getting $30.00 a month for their pension as the company was merged with another one. Shouldn't the IBT start looking at ways that they can cut costs. You would think the USPS is running things. If this keeps up UPS will probably vote out the union at the next contract. Everybody contact your congressman - they have a better pension than all of us!! Don't wait - get 'er done!

I don't care who runs the IBT but $400K is not that much. It is only 3 to 4 times more than most of the package and feeder guys. It's not like it is 500 to 5000 times our rate like a CEO. (LIKE ABNEY). Same thinking for all Officers in the Teamsters should apply as the guys loading freight. Fair days work for fair days pay.

Stupid idea to try and vote out the IBT. First, you would have to organize it nationally(similar to trying to organize FEDEX). Second, you would have to be without a Union for at least 1 year before a vote for something else.(NLRB rules)

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I don't care who runs the IBT but $400K is not that much.

Yes it is. That is all the President of the United States gets.

It is only 3 to 4 times more than most of the package and feeder guys.

Only?

It's not like it is 500 to 5000 times our rate like a CEO. (LIKE ABNEY)

Agreed.

Same thinking for all Officers in the Teamsters should apply as the guys loading freight. Fair days work for fair days pay.

A fair days pay for the Prez is 4 times more than a hard working package car driver?

Stupid idea to try and vote out the IBT

Agreed.

Second, you would have to be without a Union for at least 1 year before a vote for something else.(NLRB rules)

Incorrect.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I really hope members use their voice to get the senators and representatives to enact a solution so we will have a pension at retirement.

The time some people spend on this forum could be used to email, call or write letters asking for support of the Butch Lewis Act and The Joint Select Committee.

It's too easy to say, "oh well...it doesn't affect me...I'm not retiring anytime soon.".

It's so much easier to drink beer and surf browncafe.
Involve the government. That always improves things.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Yes it is. That is all the President of the United States gets.

A fair days pay for the Prez is 4 times more than a hard working package car driver?

Comparing the POTUS and prez of Teamsters is no comparison.

When I'm done at night, I get to go home. I don't work weekends. I don't have to have the same level of knowledge or make decisions that affect millions. I also don't have to deal with anyone(except my idiot center manager) second guessing my every decision. I think he makes some bad calls sometimes but that is part of the job and I don't know where he gets his info in order to make those decisions.

brown_trousers

Absolutely! Do you know how hard it is juggling all those secrets and back-room deals. And then trying to keep a straight face while you urge your teamsters to vote yes for a contract full of concessions.

It must be exhausting!