Central States - Voices for Pension Security - On Topic Please

Delivered

CSPF let Kroger withdrawal for $467 Million when the face amount of liability assessment was right at $1 Billion.

It's bankrupt in less than 8 years, even faster should there be a downturn in the market.

The fund has 58,000 active participants and 201,500 retirees and surviving spouses receiving pensions.

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Dear Mr Jingles,
Now that you are Old Man Jingles, you should be interested in your pension:

Informational Webinar — Wednesday, May 2 at 6:30 p.m. (CDT)

Online: VoicesForPensionSecurity.com OR By Phone: 877-229-8493, code 114828

Please join us tomorrow, Wednesday, May 2, at 6:30 p.m. (CDT) for this important informational webinar and teletown hall to learn more about Central States Pension Fund’s Congressional Outreach Campaign and how you can protect your Central States pension by raising your voice to help influence the new Joint Select Committee on Multiemployer Pension Funds.

Make Your Voice Heard — Contact Your House Member This Week While They are In-District for Recess

This week, House Representatives are on recess, which means they are at home in their district offices.

We urge you to reach out to your Representative – call and visit them at their district office – and share your personal story of how you have earned your pension, and the impact that losing it would have on you, your family and your community. Click here to find your House Representative.

Visit VoicesForPensionSecurity.com to Stay Informed!

Your voice and your help are vital for success. We encourage you to check our website regularly at www.VoicesForPensionSecurity.com for updates and actions you can take to make your voice heard.

Copyright © 2018 Central States Funds, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you are registered on MyCentralStatesPension.org and provided your email address at the time of registration or opted in to receive email communications. You may opt-out of receiving these emails at any time by selecting the unsubscribe link below.

Our mailing address is:
Central States Funds
9377 W. Higgins Rd.
Rosemont, IL 60018-4973

Tony Q

Mine is almost tits up but I plan on having it for years to come. You have to think positive. Last they told us it was good for 10 more years. That was 3 years ago. I figure in 7 years I'll be pushing 80 then I can go on welfare, live in a nursing home and still let the rest of you support me. Sucks to be you.
Or you could go the old reverse mortgage route.

oldngray

nowhere special
It might have worked if UPS gave Central states the six point one billion in increments of one point 2 billion over five years.
It was just pissing in the wind. There were too many orphan plans in Central States. Didn't help much when the Teamsters let companies get away with not paying what they owed.

Tony Q

It was just pissing in the wind. There were too many orphan plans in Central States. Didn't help much when the Teamsters let companies get away with not paying what they owed.
Makes me wonder what we can learn from this situation that we could use for the upcoming UPS contract negotiations. Those orphans killed the golden goose in a way. I talk to a lot of old timers drawing from that pension and they don't want to cut it one dime. They want to bleed it dry and not leave any for the guys still paying into it. This logic makes me sick. A guy who retired in 1999 with a 36 thousand a year pension already made 700,000 on his pension. How much do you think those orphan companies put in there?

Makes me wonder what we can learn from this situation that we could use for the upcoming UPS contract negotiations. Those orphans killed the golden goose in a way. I talk to a lot of old timers drawing from that pension and they don't want to cut it one dime. They want to bleed it dry and not leave any for the guys still paying into it. This logic makes me sick. A guy who retired in 1999 with a 36 thousand a year pension already made 700,000 on his pension. How much do you think those orphan companies put in there?
Bit back in the day, UPS got off cheap by getting into a multi employer plan and paying less into the pension than Master freight did.

Tony Q

Not on hand. But many years ago UPS paid a lot less into the plans and we got the same benefits as the other freight companies that paid more.
I have copies of both master plans going back real far. I'll have to look into this. Very interesting, thanks for the idea.

oldngray

nowhere special
Now they, back then they wasn't. I had frieght guys busting my balls all the time over that.
But now most of this trucking companies are gone and we are left holding the bag...
Freight were mostly pissed because their benefits weren't as good.