I just recently began driving for feeders. I have driven a handful of times and I don't have my seniority yet. Last night I forked my back box while attempting to couple. I contacted dispatch and was immediately told to unhook and return to my hub. I was then told to punch out and leave. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be formally charged with an accident and was wondering how this will affect me in the long and short term. Any advice on how to proceed from here and insight on how this will be handled would be greatly appreciated.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
I just recently began driving for feeders. I have driven a handful of times and I don't have my seniority yet. Last night I forked my back box while attempting to couple. I contacted dispatch and was immediately told to unhook and return to my hub. I was then told to punch out and leave. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be formally charged with an accident and was wondering how this will affect me in the long and short term. Any advice on how to proceed from here and insight on how this will be handled would be greatly appreciated.
Be humble and hope for the best. I’d bet by the way they’ve handled your situation thus far you’re going to be charged with an accident. What happens from here may depend somewhat on just how hard pressed they are for feeder drivers in your area. Good luck!

Last edited:
Be humble and hope for the best. I’d bet by the way they’ve handled your situation thus far you’re going to be charged with an accident. What happens from here may depend somewhat on just how hard pressed they are for feeder drivers in your area. Good luck!

Thanks

trickpony1

Easy solution would be to back your tractor under the rear trailer just until the fifth wheel is covered. Park tractor, get out and observe if the legs need cranked down more.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

are you an off the street hire?

Turdferguson

Just a turd

So you are qualifying for feeders?
If so, you are toast

ManInBrown

Are you a casual, or a permanent hire? If casual, c ya. If permanent enjoy a day off. They cant do sheet. You reported it.

AwashBwashCwash

Buh-bye.

I'm pretty sure I lucked out because we're so close to peak season. I was given 2 days off and have an on road sup riding with me on Monday. If all goes well I'll be back to driving after that. Stupid mistake that ain't going to be repeated. Thank y'all for the feedback