Chattanooga, TN Marine Shooter

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You think maybe things are different now?

Consider the internal as well as external threats we have now compared to 81-89

My brother is a former Marine (he'd say always Marine), and he did a stint in one of the TN recruiting offices that was attacked. They have never been allowed to carry weapons. My Dad, who was in the Army Reserve, said that they were allowed weapons, but that they were never loaded. WTF!!

I'm as Liberal as they come, but recruiting offices have always been targets for protests etc. The personnel that serve there should definitely be well-armed, especially since ISIS has specifically called for US military to be attacked.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Oh , no I can't shoot here because that man with a rifle might get me before I can serve allah . I'll go to another soft target from my list .
But my direct IN with Allah told me this station!
I'll shoot him first and after I kill 4 or 5 unarmed military people, I cut off his head!
Allah be thankful ... maybe I get 69 Virginians.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
They should be armed.
They are trained.
Agreed. They are members of the "armed" forces, not the "unarmed" forces. In addition to the need for self defense, its going to be pretty tough to recruit anyone to join a service that wont allow its own members to protect themselves.

soberups

So people are now advocating the presence of armed military on the streets of America?
Yes. They have the same 2nd Amendment rights as civilians, and the same rights to self-defense as civilians. No one is talking about using them for law enforcement.

soberups

When I was active duty this "training" consisted of an annual qualification. Hardly the type of training which would give me the ability and experience to defend myself if needed. Our reservists are even less prepared than that.

I strongly disagree that any of our military personnel should be armed while not performing the duties in those specific jobs in which a firearm is required.
1. Thank you for your service.
2. If you don't feel that reservists in our military are adequately trained to have firearms, then perhaps the answer is more training. I think that would be preferable to requiring them to be unarmed and helpless.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Or maybe he doesn't care about where their desert is located, or even if they actually come from a desert, and just wants them away from our country.
When a mass shooting happens and liberals scream for gun control, they are being reactionary and ridiculous.
When a mass shooting happens and conservatives scream to deport all muslims, they are being reactionary and ridiculous.
I mean after all, we have to do something....

Shonuff

The terrorist is almost always has the advantage of surprise.

They should just secretly allow the recruitment centers to be armed with concealed weapons. Don't make any announcements...in fact, have the President make a false announcement about how he never plans to arm recruitment centers.

The next towelhead to attack will receive the surprise of his life when the soldiers send him to Allah before he can do anything!

Overpaid Union Thug

When a mass shooting happens and liberals scream for gun control, they are being reactionary and ridiculous.
When a mass shooting happens and conservatives scream to deport all muslims, they are being reactionary and ridiculous.
I mean after all, we have to do something....
The difference is that no guns have ever killed anyone. In order to operate they need to have their triggers pulled. Islam is a barbaric cult that has allot of fingers available to pull those triggers. Conservatives attack problems at the source. Liberals go after the symptoms.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Governors order National Guardsmen to be armed after attacks

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -- Governors in several states ordered National Guardsmen to be armed in the wake of an attack on two military facilities in Tennessee, and Florida Gov. Rick Scott went a step further Saturday by immediately relocated recruiters to armories.

In an executive order, the Republican governor said he wants Guard recruiters to move from six storefront locations into armories until state officials can evaluate and make security improvements, including possibly installing bullet-proof glass or enhanced surveillance equipment.

Scott ordered the Guardsmen to be armed, as did governors in Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas and Oklahoma.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Exploding Muslim immigration overwhelms FBI
Expansive visa programs make it 'impossible to track them all'

Under current U.S. immigration policy, an ISIS terrorist doesn’t need to hop a fence or swim a river to reach America. He can enter the U.S. legally as a student, as a skilled guest-worker, as a refugee, as an entrepreneur, or as a tourist – and fly here in the comfort of a jumbo jet.

According to U.S. Census data, the U.S. welcomes about 100,000 Muslim immigrants legally each year. This represents the fastest growing segment of immigrants coming to America.