Cheating the system

P

pickup

Focus on your own job. It is managements responsibility to confront him if they suspect drug use, not yours. Unless his behavior directly affects your working conditions, its not your issue to worry about.

You are obviously ticked off with this guy and I dont blame you, but have faith in the knowledge that, in the end, he will get what is coming to him....even if you dont have the satisfaction of being there to see it happen.

soberups, you wrote the following a couple of days ago in another thread:

I am facing a dillemna of sorts at work regarding drugs. There are some preloaders who go out to the parking lot and sit in their car and smoke dope after their shift is over. I have seen and smelled them doing it several times on my way into work.

One the one hand, what they do on their own time is none of my business and it isnt my responsibility to worry about "security" in UPS's parking lot. I am not a cop and I am not in management.

On the other hand, they are sitting in a car getting baked and then driving home. If they get in a wreck and hurt or kill someone, I will probably regret not saying something.

I think one of these days I am going to work up the nerve to confront them about it and tell them to go home instead of doing it in the car and driving afterward. I'm not big on confrontations, but its getting a bit ridiculous when a guy is walking into work and the parking lot smells like a Grateful Dead concert.
___-----------------------------------------------------------------

It seems like one post contradicts the other.

ups767mech

Just leave him alone if he isnt bothering or interfering with your job. Some people have more of a problem with "RATS" than someone taking advantage of the system. Mind your business.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
There is a guy in our center. This guy was just promoted to driver. He drove for about 6 months and now he is "injured". So now he is living it up. Getting paid 8 hours a day to sit in the office and act like a manager. When he's not sitting in the office and ratting drivers out, he might do meet points in his personal vehicle or in a UPS car. I see him passing me in brown truck, hat on backwards, five ears rings in each ear, a scruffy goatee, sleeves rolled up showing his ridiculous homemade tattoos. The worst part is that most days he is obviously high on pot. I have witnessed him smoking pot outside of work, which he does on a weekly, if not daily basis. This guy is working the system and has the mamagment eating out of his hand. Anyone care to give me a little advice on how to end his little scam? How does the drug testing work in this company? This guy couldn't pass a piss test to save his life. How can I arrange one for him?:devil3:
Are you sure its not that your jealous of someone having it alot easier than you?

The thing I hate the most about UPS at this point in my career is that too many people are too worried about what the other guy is doing.:angry: I see it all the time in my operation. :biting: Just worry about yourself

some1else

Banned
Some people have more of a problem with "RATS" than someone taking advantage of the system. Mind your business.
no kidding. when i was on local sort we had a guy that was acting like the tuff kid in high school. walking around shoving people and verbal harassment. he got in a scuffle with someone, and management asked for witnesses, i made a statement because i saw the same guy push someone on the floor a few days before and it was just getting out of control!

let me just say that people got PISSED i signed a statement, saying that im a rat? i told everyone (and it was spread around) that im not rat but im not going to work and be/watch someone harrass/intimadate everyone like in a damn prison!

Hawk780

No One in Particular
Just leave him alone if he isnt bothering or interfering with your job. Some people have more of a problem with "RATS" than someone taking advantage of the system. Mind your business.
and
Are you sure its not that your jealous of someone having it alot easier than you?

The thing I hate the most about UPS at this point in my career is that too many people are too worried about what the other guy is doing.:angry: I see it all the time in my operation. :biting: Just worry about yourself

I find both of these posts disturbing, the OP is saying this guy's doing drugs, and then getting into a UPS vehicle, and you want him to mind his own business...I guess I would rather address it, and have a clear conscience with the chances of this guy giving UPS drivers a bad name, or even worse, if someone were to get hurt...but what do I know?

NHDRVR

There is a guy in our center. This guy was just promoted to driver. He drove for about 6 months and now he is "injured". So now he is living it up. Getting paid 8 hours a day to sit in the office and act like a manager. When he's not sitting in the office and ratting drivers out, he might do meet points in his personal vehicle or in a UPS car. I see him passing me in brown truck, hat on backwards, five ears rings in each ear, a scruffy goatee, sleeves rolled up showing his ridiculous homemade tattoos. The worst part is that most days he is obviously high on pot. I have witnessed him smoking pot outside of work, which he does on a weekly, if not daily basis. This guy is working the system and has the mamagment eating out of his hand. Anyone care to give me a little advice on how to end his little scam? How does the drug testing work in this company? This guy couldn't pass a piss test to save his life. How can I arrange one for him?:devil3:

Leave it alone. Things like this have a way of working themselves out. I do believe in karma but that won't be necessary here. He will make his own mistakes so sit back and enjoy it when it happens.

redshift1

If everyone who smoked pot at UPS was fired they would lose 20% of the work force. In CA Medical Marijuana clinics are sprouting up all over. Now is the time to legalize pot and collect the tax benefit.

slantnosechevy

If he's smokin pot on the clock his luck will run out. Don't bother yourself with it. If he's smokin pot and getting behind the wheel of a brown one then tell your ctr.mngr. and if he doesn't confront the guy casually with another supe as witness then it's on them. Usually things like that are handled annonymously and your name won't come up. Most times the supes already know about these guys and are just waiting to catch someone redhanded. Ups is always building a case on guys like this you just don't know about it. This is an extremely tough call and depends on if you actually saw the guy tokin up prior to getting behind the wheel. The guy could kill someone and you could live to regret it.
We had a p/t air drvr. come in on a Sat. half in the bag. A couple guys knew about it but didn't say anything. The p/t supe didn't notice anything and at 14:30 he gets a call from 2 different people that they were run off the road and in the ditch. He thought it was a drvr. from another ctr. because they were 25 miles off his area. Later he gets another call from DNR that a PC is stuck in the mud out in some farmers field out of the ctrs. territory. They found seven empties in the back and he had been tearing open boxes to put under the wheels to get out. When they tested him he was .18 and had no clue where he was.

teamsters are not supposed to rat other teamsters out it was part of the oath we all took to join the teamsters.

What oath? If you are are being honest about what someone did, it's not being a rat. Don't do anything dishonest and you won't have to worry about being "ratted on."

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Focus on your own job. It is managements responsibility to confront him if they suspect drug use, not yours. Unless his behavior directly affects your working conditions, its not your issue to worry about.

You are obviously ticked off with this guy and I dont blame you, but have faith in the knowledge that, in the end, he will get what is coming to him....even if you dont have the satisfaction of being there to see it happen.
I don't drink, I'm leaving a bar with my family and I see a guy who is obviously drunk, get in a car, and pull away. Can I "RAT" this guy out at least? I see a guy at Walmart put an item down his trowsers, can I "RAT" this guy out? Can I have the rule book for who I can/cannot "RAT" out? Sorry for using your post, sober, not meaning to single you out.

Take a picture of him in the PC and anonymously send it to the DM. or if you see him our on road driving the PC, if he isn't wearing browns call 911 and report a possible stolen PC.
I'm available if you need a nice clear picture.:surprised:

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
I don't drink, I'm leaving a bar with my family and I see a guy who is obviously drunk, get in a car, and pull away. Can I "RAT" this guy out at least? I see a guy at Walmart put an item down his trowsers, can I "RAT" this guy out? Can I have the rule book for who I can/cannot "RAT" out? Sorry for using your post, sober, not meaning to single you out.

Every situation is different. There cannot be a set of rules that govern what you do in situation X, Y or Z.

You determine what positive can come from "ratting", and what negative can come. Then you use common sense to make the decision. Nobody here can give those guidelines.

Drunk guy leaving a bar - Who knows? If he had a "Hell's Angels" jacket on, I would lean towards no.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Every situation is different. There cannot be a set of rules that govern what you do in situation X, Y or Z.

You determine what positive can come from "ratting", and what negative can come. Then you use common sense to make the decision. Nobody here can give those guidelines.
That may be your idea, but as for me, I'll protect my family and friends from fools who choose to use reckless abandon as a lifestyle.