China "Dog Meat" Festival Begins

rickyb

Eating Our Way to Disease: Chris Hedges

"
Early in the film, a news broadcast announces, “The World Health Organization this morning has classified processed meat, such as bacon and sausage, as carcinogenic, directly involved in causing cancer in humans. …”

Andersen discovers that processed meat has been classified by the cancer agency of the WHO as a Group 1 carcinogen, along with tobacco, asbestos and plutonium."

..."
“The birds come through on hooks,” Dr. Lester Friedlander says in the book in explaining the processing of chicken carcasses, “and then a mechanical arm goes up the cloaca [the opening through which the bird releases urine and feces] and pulls out everything inside the cavity. Unfortunately, when the mechanical arm pulls the intestines out, they often burst. Then all the fecal contamination is inside the bird. At the end of the poultry slaughter line there’s a big chill tank to cool the birds down quick so they can get packaged and shipped out. If you have just one of those chickens with broken intestines and fecal contamination, the whole chill tank is contaminated. They call the water in the tank, ‘fecal soup.’ All the chickens throughout the day, if they don’t change the water, are contaminated with feces. Hundreds of thousands of chickens go through that water. And while they’re in the tank the chicken flesh soaks up that fecal soup. That’s what they call ‘retained water’ on the chicken label.”

“About 90 percent of the nation’s retail chicken is contaminated with fecal matter,” the book states. “Yes, that includes the kind you buy at your clean, local supermarket. This is according to a 2011 FDA report, which monitored bacteria such as E. faecalis and E. faecium, on meat, concluding that 90 percent of chicken parts, 91 percent of ground turkey, 88 percent of ground beef, and 80 percent of pork chops have fecal contamination.”

oldngray

nowhere special
picdump_1562_29.jpg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Eating Our Way to Disease: Chris Hedges

"
Early in the film, a news broadcast announces, “The World Health Organization this morning has classified processed meat, such as bacon and sausage, as carcinogenic, directly involved in causing cancer in humans. …”

Andersen discovers that processed meat has been classified by the cancer agency of the WHO as a Group 1 carcinogen, along with tobacco, asbestos and plutonium."

..."
“The birds come through on hooks,” Dr. Lester Friedlander says in the book in explaining the processing of chicken carcasses, “and then a mechanical arm goes up the cloaca [the opening through which the bird releases urine and feces] and pulls out everything inside the cavity. Unfortunately, when the mechanical arm pulls the intestines out, they often burst. Then all the fecal contamination is inside the bird. At the end of the poultry slaughter line there’s a big chill tank to cool the birds down quick so they can get packaged and shipped out. If you have just one of those chickens with broken intestines and fecal contamination, the whole chill tank is contaminated. They call the water in the tank, ‘fecal soup.’ All the chickens throughout the day, if they don’t change the water, are contaminated with feces. Hundreds of thousands of chickens go through that water. And while they’re in the tank the chicken flesh soaks up that fecal soup. That’s what they call ‘retained water’ on the chicken label.”

“About 90 percent of the nation’s retail chicken is contaminated with fecal matter,” the book states. “Yes, that includes the kind you buy at your clean, local supermarket. This is according to a 2011 FDA report, which monitored bacteria such as E. faecalis and E. faecium, on meat, concluding that 90 percent of chicken parts, 91 percent of ground turkey, 88 percent of ground beef, and 80 percent of pork chops have fecal contamination.”
Good thing people cook their meat then, huh?

Last edited:

rickyb

Hate to tell ya, but there is :censored2: everywhere. You don't think they spread it on fields where crops are grown? Why do you think they are always having recalls on produce?
yea i was thinking that because i have a friend whos in australia on work visa and she was telling me about it. but maybe the :censored2: water goes inside the chicken, whereas its just on the outside of fruits and veggies. je ne sai pas.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
god your one to talk ;)
Lol. As if if your opinion is worth two cents to me. I have one child who is a teacher and another one who is at a leadership camp right now. I'd say they will be contributing to this society in good ways as opposed to you, who is mooching off his parents from the comfort of their basement. ;)

rickyb

Lol. As if if your opinion is worth two cents to me. I have one child who is a teacher and another one who is at a leadership camp right now. I'd say they will be contributing to this society in good ways as opposed to you, who is mooching off his parents from the comfort of their basement. ;)
did i strike a nerve? why so serious!

alot of my heroes are teachers, but i didnt learn anything useful from the ones in school; they were all sleepwalking. probably just 1984 and animal farm both of which i wasnt interested in back then, and one teacher in another class put on the matrix. my gym teacher pulled me aside one day and told me how much he had to go through to get his teaching job.

me and my coworker who majored in philosophy discussed the idea "what do you think of most people?" and my response was: i dont think most people are good enough, so that goes for teachers as well and your kids.

western culture, or maybe all cultures is like being in a zombie movie where everyone is sleepwalking through life; going through the motions.