China "Dog Meat" Festival Begins

rickyb

i think most of the world's antibiotics is wasted on animals just to grow them marginally faster:

Food safety alert: Multistate outbreak of multidrug-resistant Salmonella linked to raw turkey - Nutrition Action

Food safety alert: Multistate outbreak of multidrug-resistant Salmonella linked to raw turkey
As Thanksgiving nears, contaminated turkey has sickened 164 people in 35 states

The outbreak of Salmonella Reading, which has been going on for nearly a year, has led to 164 illnesses, including 63 hospitalizations and one death.

“Multidrug resistance” means that some antibiotics won’t kill the strain of Salmonella Reading that’s responsible for the outbreak. Fortunately, most infections in the current outbreak are susceptible to antibiotics that are commonly used for treatment, “so this resistance likely will not affect the choice of antibiotic used to treat most people,” according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The illnesses have been linked to different types and brands of raw turkey products (including pet food), and investigators haven’t identified a single source or supplier. The Salmonella strain responsible for the outbreak could be widespread in the turkey industry, the CDC says.

thanksgivingDinner_feature.jpg

The U.S. Department of Agriculture hasn’t published the names of brands linked to the outbreak, so treat any raw turkey as if it could be contaminated.

rickyb

i ate those synthetic meat burgers at a and w. it tasted like...mayo.
actually it was cool but alot worse value than a footlong at subway for $7

rickyb

Subway sucks.
yea im not a huge fan of the bread, and the cheese and meat will give you cancer and make you fat.

good thing about subway is its breads are low sodium. i used to eat at quiznoes and their subs had like 2000 mg of sodium. so thats something to pay attention to when comparing.

other than that i like it, and ive eaten way too much of it, so i try and avoid it mostly these days.

rickyb

There’s a grocery store in this area called Harris Teeter. It’s my favorite place to get subs. Everything is fresh and a half sub, bag of chips and a drink are $5.49 plus tax. Plus, after you buy 15 subs, you get one free.
theres a burrito chain down the block and they are giving away free small burritos if you buy a $25 gift card.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
yea im not a huge fan of the bread, and the cheese and meat will give you cancer and make you fat.

good thing about subway is its breads are low sodium. i used to eat at quiznoes and their subs had like 2000 mg of sodium. so thats something to pay attention to when comparing.

other than that i like it, and ive eaten way too much of it, so i try and avoid it mostly these days.
You worry too much.....about everything. You’re going to die an early death at this rate.

rickyb

You worry too much.....about everything. You’re going to die an early death at this rate.
well i am a worryer, but i dont call that worrying i call it being smart and looking good.

my dad sluffed off on his diet and he has heart problems. ideally you want to have heart problems like an attack when youre too old to travel.

my parents poisoned me enough with crap food until i changed my diet in my 20s.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
There’s a grocery store in this area called Harris Teeter. It’s my favorite place to get subs. Everything is fresh and a half sub, bag of chips and a drink are $5.49 plus tax. Plus, after you buy 15 subs, you get one free.
I love Harris Teeters.
A bit more expensive but high quality.
My wife and I like their Italian pasta salads and when we go to Savannah or Hilton Head, we go there and get pasta salads and eat them with a sandwich or just the salad.
Always take a cooler and bring some back home.