China "Dog Meat" Festival Begins

El Correcto

god is dead
Why are spending Billions on a redundant and non-essential mechanism (insurers) to deliver healthcare?
You want to do the same, but with government. I say get government out of healthcare, time to undue a lot of regulations that keep prices high, especially with patents.

The system is being abused, doesn’t mean we just expand the entire system and make it mandatory, removing the competition.

BrownArmy

You want to do the same, but with government. I say get government out of healthcare, time to undue a lot of regulations that keep prices high, especially with patents.

The system is being abused, doesn’t mean we just expand the entire system and make it mandatory, removing the competition.

You never heard me say that.

Why are we spending 30% of our healthcare dollars on, what amounts to, nonessential bureaucratic overhead?

And why are you defending that model?

It’s ridiculous, we’re paying 30 cents on the dollar to support the health insurance industry.

El Correcto

god is dead
You never heard me say that.

Why are we spending 30% of our healthcare dollars on, what amounts to, nonessential bureaucratic overhead?

And why are you defending that model?

It’s ridiculous, we’re paying 30 cents on the dollar to support the health insurance industry.
Ah yes and if government is good at one thing it’s lowering administrative costs.

El Correcto

god is dead
Medicare is 10 times better than private health insurance at administrative costs. They have 3% overhead costs. Glad you recognize that.
It’s easy to keep your administration costs low when you have private insurers to piggyback off of and don’t have to worry about fraud because it isn’t your dollar.

El Correcto

god is dead
That’s the point, we’re paying for waste in the private sector. I find it strange you fully understand the waste and fraud in the private system but come to the conclusion that it’s a good thing.
“Fraud”, no that’s in government controlled welfare plans. How many times have you seen someone abusing disability? When you don’t go after wasteful fraud you don’t need higher administration costs, just cost of fraud which the tax payers pick up.

They also have the advantage of scale.

El Correcto

god is dead
That’s the point, we’re paying for waste in the private sector. I find it strange you fully understand the waste and fraud in the private system but come to the conclusion that it’s a good thing.
Also you aren’t paying, you don’t give insurance to your employees ttku. Trying to be a welfare queen.

It will be fine

“Fraud”, no that’s in government controlled welfare plans. How many times have you seen someone abusing disability? When you don’t go after wasteful fraud you don’t need higher administration costs, just cost of fraud which the tax payers pick up.

They also have the advantage of scale.
I’ve never seen someone abusing disability. I hear about it from right wing nut jobs all the time though. Yes, scale in insurance lowers cost. That’s why one big plan for everyone is cheaper. How many more arguments for single payer are you going to make?

El Correcto

god is dead
I’ve never seen someone abusing disability. I hear about it from right wing nut jobs all the time though. Yes, scale in insurance lowers cost. That’s why one big plan for everyone is cheaper. How many more arguments for single payer are you going to make?
Doesn’t lower costs for me. I have great insurance and would lose coverage on certain things. Guaranteed.

El Correcto

god is dead
What would also lower prices would be get the government out of healthcare, scale back regulations and fully privatize it.

El Correcto

god is dead
We also no longer discuss the Obama care effect on health insurance premiums and how government intervention has lead to tripling of people’s premiums.

Now you want to just give up and throw it all into government and raise everyone’s taxes because you are too much of a cheap ass to buy your employees insurance.

vantexan

I have. Family members. One had chronic fatigue syndrome that went into remission when her son was born. 24 years later still gets the monthly check. And got a check for her son for 18 years.

El Correcto

god is dead
Got any evidence to back that up?
Yeah it’s called common sense.
You regulate a bunch of hoops for companies to jump through to bring a drug to market raising its price and then give them patents that they can tweak a little right before it expires to continue having a monopoly on the drug in the US market than you are going to raise prices. If you make it that doctors need 10+ years of education and residency you raise prices. If you subsidize medical care to preexisting conditions and allow the sickest 5% of the population to consume 50% of the healthcare a year you are going to raise prices.

I think I could keep going but I don’t have time to educate someone looking for a handout.

BrownArmy

You regulate a bunch of hoops for companies to jump through to bring a drug to market raising its price and then give them patents that they can tweak a little right before it expires to continue having a monopoly on the drug in the US market than you are going to raise prices. If you make it that doctors need 10+ years of education and residency you raise prices. If you subsidize medical care to preexisting conditions and allow the sickest 5% of the population to consume 50% of the healthcare a year you are going to raise prices.

I think I could keep going but I don’t have time to educate someone looking for a handout.

Sooo...your handout is working for you, and you don’t want other people to get handouts.

K

It will be fine

A simple “no, I have no evidence of a free market healthcare system working” would have saved you some time.

Last edited: