China "Dog Meat" Festival Begins

El Correcto

god is dead
i walk past a chipotle type chain and they advertise monthly meal plans starting from $30 a day. 30 x 30 = $900 a month. thats alot of money and alot of eating out. i try and spend maybe $40 a week tops eating out.

if you want to be skinny and healthy and not waste time cooking, this is what rickyb does for 3 days of food at one time:

-3 cans of black beans no sodium
-then a bunch of frozen veggies with no sodium
-and frozen fruit if you want.

spread it amongst 3 containers.

1 container per day. then add salad on top. then microwave. this is good for 3 meals a day X 3 days. i put salsa with low fat or mustard on top or guac. you can also make pizza with a pita style crust, taco, burrito, sandwhich with this.

capitalism turns us into narcissists where its somehow socially acceptable to spend $900 a month on food, or BMWs (which are pathetic boring cars), all while saying to hell with doing anything for justice.
You’re a spoiled little :censored2: head lecturing working class people.
You should be eating 1 cup of ramen a day, with one egg and a glass of tap water before you start lecturing me about proletariat dieting you bourgeois filth.

rickyb

You’re a spoiled little :censored2: head lecturing working class people.
You should be eating 1 cup of ramen a day, with one egg and a glass of tap water before you start lecturing me about proletariat dieting you bourgeois filth.
1 CUP OF RAMEN = 1000 MG OF SALT

:censored2: THAT. GIVE ME BACK MY ARTERIES, GIVE ME BACK MY CHOLESTEROL, GIVE ME BACK MY HEART, GIVE ME BACK MY BULLET.

rickyb

jesus:

Richard D. Wolff
@profwolff

17% of CA schools have dangerous lead levels in drinking water & other states w/out laws requiring testing. What kind of society chooses not to spend on school childrens' safety & instead give tax cuts to corps & rich, spend trillions on war, etc.?

Lead Found in Drinking Fountains at 17% of California Public Schools | Capital & Main
The state only requires schools to take action if lead levels exceed 15 ppb. But the CDC says there's no safe blood lead level for children.

oldngray

nowhere special
picdump_3117_35.jpg

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
jesus:

Richard D. Wolff
@profwolff

17% of CA schools have dangerous lead levels in drinking water & other states w/out laws requiring testing. What kind of society chooses not to spend on school childrens' safety & instead give tax cuts to corps & rich, spend trillions on war, etc.?

Lead Found in Drinking Fountains at 17% of California Public Schools | Capital & Main
The state only requires schools to take action if lead levels exceed 15 ppb. But the CDC says there's no safe blood lead level for children.
Economic consideration ... 15 ppb seems like an infinitesimal amount.

15 ppb is the EPA highest level before remediation steps should be taken.

This is what happens when you get unscientific, emotional people talking about something.

rickyb

i went to the gym for a 30 minutes of cardio and burned 250 calories, then came home and had a big scoop of PB which was easily 250 calories probably 500.

BrownArmy

This is what happens when you get unscientific, emotional people talking about something.

15ppb is an economic consideration, not a scientific one.

There’s literally no lead level which safe for children, scientifically.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

15ppb is an economic consideration, not a scientific one.
We apparently agree on that ... it's an economic consideration.

There’s literally no lead level which safe for children, scientifically.
I think we both read the CDC statement, "No safe blood lead level in children has been identified." differently.
In a perfect world, a level of 'zero' ppb is desired.
In the real world, all water has 'some' lead in it.
The EPA recommends, "Lead concentrations in drinking water should be below the EPA action level of 15 parts per billion."

Should it be lower ... no one seems to know.
People tend to react emotionally when their kids come into play.

There is usually distilled water available in the grocery stores. That's what we use for cooking and drinking in our house.
The cost runs from $0.69 per gallon at WalMart to $1.59 at upscale grocery stores ... maybe more in big cities.