China "Dog Meat" Festival Begins

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
its like sometimes you need perspective to know whats happening to you. my parents have an unhealthy diet and they dont know it.
So the government should be like our parents now? I’m betting your parents are very aware that they have an unhealthy diet and aren’t concerned enough to change it. FYI, junk food in moderation is not bad for you. Even my daughter at 5 years old knew that. It’s when you eat too much that it’s bad.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
they do regulate, and they should regulate more.

junk food in high school :S
No they shouldn’t. In the US, they require food companies to put nutritional information on the packaging so consumers can make informed decisions about what they’re eating. If consumers choose to ignore those labels it’s on them, not the government.

El Correcto

god is dead
So the government should be like our parents now? I’m betting your parents are very aware that they have an unhealthy diet and aren’t concerned enough to change it. FYI, junk food in moderation is not bad for you. Even my daughter at 5 years old knew that. It’s when you eat too much that it’s bad.
Ricky is a yuppie who thinks we should all be living off granola like mental patients.

rickyb

No they shouldn’t. In the US, they require food companies to put nutritional information on the packaging so consumers can make informed decisions about what they’re eating. If consumers choose to ignore those labels it’s on them, not the government.
Us regulations are weak. USDA is bought off.

rickyb

nutritionaction recommends the dash diet, which is mostly fruits and veggies

the harvard prof who originally create the dash diet only incorporated dairy and meat just so people wouldnt be completely turned off by the diet, even though meat consumption and dairy consumption increased blood pressure.

high blood pressure is the #1 risk factor for death and disability in the world. there are areas in the world where old people have perfect blood pressure because of their diet.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
There has never been more access to food—domestic and imported—yet hunger is an ongoing problem everywhere. In the U.S. alone, 16.5 million children go to bed hungry and 20% of community college students are experiencing “food insecurity.”

Ralph Nader: Why Isn't the 99% Revolting?

Ricky, I hope you someday endure real hardship. Not for long. I'm not a malicious guy. But just long enough for you to understand just how good we have it. Especially on our continent.

You're a very entitled person. You would do well to reflect on all that we have, rather than all that you think we don't.

BrownArmy

Ricky, I hope you someday endure real hardship. Not for long. I'm not a malicious guy. But just long enough for you to understand just how good we have it. Especially on our continent.

You're a very entitled person. You would do well to reflect on all that we have, rather than all that you think we don't.

Yet, 16.5 Million children in the USA go to bed hungry.

Clearly room for improvement...

El Correcto

god is dead

Ricky has gone through hard times. He once had to eat plain vanilla ice cream instead of some weird salsa Mexican one the store was out of. He still hasn’t forgiven his mother.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Yet, 16.5 Million children in the USA go to bed hungry.

Clearly room for improvement...

1567993635299.jpg

rickyb

expectation management is a form of social control.

if everything is so great, then it follows theres nothing to fix.

thats why they tell you america is the greatest country on earth, and we always hear "my city is the best". not because its true, but because they dont want you to look or do anything about all the problems.

i think its about striking a balance between the cup being half full and half empty. you can say the cup is half empty, fight for a full cup, and if you fail or in the process of fighting just be happy anyways. true happiness and strength is not depending on externalities (like consumerism, drugs, etc) to be happy.