China "Dog Meat" Festival Begins

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The Trump Administration has proposed taking away Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly food stamps) benefits from children, seniors, and hardworking low-income Americans. This means many children from low-income families would no longer qualify for healthy school meals. The government’s latest analysis estimates nearly one million children could lose their existing access to free and reduced-price school meals. This is in addition to the three million people who would already lose access to SNAP food assistance.

We have until tomorrow, Friday November 1, to act.

Please submit your personal comment to make sure the Trump Administration hears your voice. They must read and record every unique comment they receive. Please tell them why you oppose this rule!

SEND A MESSAGE
Sincerely,

Colin Schwartz
Deputy Director of Legislative Affairs
Center for Science in the Public Interest
Do what I did ... I came in early and worked in the lunchroom to pay for my school meals.
I did that until I worked as a newspaper delivery person (yep, there was one gurl) at 12 years of age.
Didn't scar me but made me very determined as I got older.

rickyb

Do what I did ... I came in early and worked in the lunchroom to pay for my school meals.
I did that until I worked as a newspaper delivery person (yep, there was one gurl) at 12 years of age.
Didn't scar me but made me very determined as I got older.
how old were you when you started work?

i did newspapers so i could stop selling my body on the corner for cheeseburger no onion. pops made us save too much of it.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
how old were you when you started work?

i did newspapers so i could stop selling my body on the corner for cheeseburger no onion. pops made us save too much of it.
I was in the 3rd grade so I started when I was 9.
I got to be good friends with the kitchen staff and the head lady in the kitchen was the wife of a facility mechanic at the Factory for the Blind where my parents worked.

rickyb

I was in the 3rd grade so I started when I was 9.
I got to be good friends with the kitchen staff and the head lady in the kitchen was the wife of a facility mechanic at the Factory for the Blind where my parents worked.
thats illegal these days. paper route pay is BS too, what does it work out to?

rickyb

Buying my own lunch instead of cleaning tables of the other kids in school.
thats retarded. was america not hte wealthiest country on earth at that time? if the rich were so greedy, and govt not so corrupt, the kids wouldnt have gone hungry back then and now. you are lucky you had a job. what if the economy tanked?

paper routes pay kids below min wage to deliver propaganda.

i did a rap video and sold flour as cocaine for a carecard

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
thats retarded. was america not hte wealthiest country on earth at that time? if the rich were so greedy, and govt not so corrupt, the kids wouldnt have gone hungry back then and now. you are lucky you had a job. what if the economy tanked?

paper routes pay kids below min wage to deliver propaganda.
It made me appreciate and develop a good work esteem ... perhaps you would be living on your own if you had worked as a 9 year old.
We'll never know.
So much potential unrealized.

rickyb

It made me appreciate and develop a good work esteem ... perhaps you would be living on your own if you had worked as a 9 year old.
We'll never know.
So much potential unrealized.
well im glad it worked out for you, but thats dangerous. there should be a safety net for kids so they can eat in the richest country ever.

rickyb

theres no laws and the free market has restaraunt chains overusing antibiotics to make more money is leading to a major health epidemic of superbugs ie antibiotic resistance.

America's biggest restaurant chains scored on their antibiotic use - CNN

upload_2019-11-29_8-38-56.png

Richard D. Wolff
@profwolff

·
22h
How capitalism prioritizes profit over public health: (1) beef producers abuse antibiotics to lower costs of decent conditions for cattle, (2) humans ingest too many antibiotics in beef, (3) we suffer as illnesses respond less to overused antibiotics.

rickyb

back in the 1960s the europeans banned the import of US raised chicken as the americans clean their chickens with chlorine which means when you eat chicken you are eating chlorine

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
back in the 1960s the europeans banned the import of US raised chicken as the americans clean their chickens with chlorine which means when you eat chicken you are eating chlorine
Rinse it off, it's fine.

Chlorine is great.