China Literally $#!+$ On the Rest of the World

rickyb

China sends it huge fishing fleet all over the world to fish illegally in other countries waters. They respect no one. The are the most racist people on the planet and believe they are above everyone else. Trump knew it and was building up the military to counter them. This dummy is owned by them. We’ll be speaking mandarin in 10 years at this rate.
omg america does not follow international law either. u r the current empire, china will replace you

Off the leash

5A832770-A44E-43B0-B9A3-AE664098D359.jpeg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

He's talking about the completely stretched definition of pollution so it can include CO2. And he has to say per capita in order for the US to sound like it pollutes more. I'm pretty sure China dumps more raw sewage into the oceans than the US, and has more of its citizens living in toxic wastelands than the US. The only reason they produce less CO2 per capita is because a much higher percentage of their population lives in real, actual poverty. I'm starting to believe Ricky is a wumao as well. I thought he just suffered from a head injury, but this is really bringing the pro-Chinese propaganda out of him.

rickyb

He's talking about the completely stretched definition of pollution so it can include CO2. And he has to say per capita in order for the US to sound like it pollutes more. I'm pretty sure China dumps more raw sewage into the oceans than the US, and has more of its citizens living in toxic wastelands than the US. The only reason they produce less CO2 per capita is because a much higher percentage of their population lives in real, actual poverty. I'm starting to believe Ricky is a wumao as well. I thought he just suffered from a head injury, but this is really bringing the pro-Chinese propaganda out of him.
yea no kidding why would i compare you 2 based on the size of your population its no contest, squarepants.

rickyb

Because most of our population gets enough to eat on the reg. It's not a meaningful comparison. That pink star on your hat doesn't make you patric
excuse me squarepants, sweden get actually more to eat than americans, and yet they pollute way less on that list

LOOOOOOOOOOO

Since there is such a strong relationship between income and per capita CO2 emissions, we’d expect this to be the case: that countries with high standards of living would have a high carbon footprint. But what becomes clear is that there can be large differences in per capita emissions, even between countries with similar standards of living. Many countries across Europe, for example, have much lower emissions than the US, Canada or Australia.

In fact, some European countries have emissions not far from the global average: In 2017 emissions in Portugal are 5.3 tonnes; 5.5t in France; and 5.8t per person in the UK. This is also much lower than some of their neighbours with similar standards of living, such as Germany, the Netherlands, or Belgium. The choice of energy sources plays a key role here: in the UK, Portugal and France, a much higher share of electricity is produced from nuclear and renewable sources – you can explore this electricity mix by country here. This means a much lower share of electricity is produced from fossil fuels: in 2015, only 6% of France’s electricity came from fossil fuels, compared to 55% in Germany.

Prosperity is a primary driver of CO2 emissions, but clearly policy and technological choices make a difference.

El Correcto

god is dead
excuse me squarepants, sweden get actually more to eat than americans, and yet they pollute way less on that list

LOOOOOOOOOOO

Since there is such a strong relationship between income and per capita CO2 emissions, we’d expect this to be the case: that countries with high standards of living would have a high carbon footprint. But what becomes clear is that there can be large differences in per capita emissions, even between countries with similar standards of living. Many countries across Europe, for example, have much lower emissions than the US, Canada or Australia.

In fact, some European countries have emissions not far from the global average: In 2017 emissions in Portugal are 5.3 tonnes; 5.5t in France; and 5.8t per person in the UK. This is also much lower than some of their neighbours with similar standards of living, such as Germany, the Netherlands, or Belgium. The choice of energy sources plays a key role here: in the UK, Portugal and France, a much higher share of electricity is produced from nuclear and renewable sources – you can explore this electricity mix by country here. This means a much lower share of electricity is produced from fossil fuels: in 2015, only 6% of France’s electricity came from fossil fuels, compared to 55% in Germany.

Prosperity is a primary driver of CO2 emissions, but clearly policy and technological choices make a difference.

I’m still voting for trump in 2024.

vantexan

LOOOOOOOOOOO

Most of France's electricity comes from nuclear. Tell the crazy environmentalists in the U.S. to stop blocking nuclear power in the courts and we might get somewhere.