China Trade Deal

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Not a matter of trust. If their government has food shortages won't be long until they aren't the government. They specifically put pork and soybeans on the table, not us.

It's ok, they can just cannibalize the left overs of the Falun Gong practicers they have been murdering for their organs.

newfie

Unemployment has been trending downwards since the great recession. When you factor in underemployment, those working part-time jobs that want to be working full-time and those that have quit trying all together, the stats probably aren’t that great.

Not in real terms. I’ve pointed this out to you before, and it’s not all that hard of a concept to grasp.

The bottom eighty percent owns six percent of all stock. Good luck to you if you truly believe that problem will be solved by the other half of the two-party system being in office.
I agree our president has gotten fantastic results

Non sequitur

Chinese communist = Asian ISIS. According to Google there are 90,000,000 in the Chinese communist party. 6.5% of the total population are ruling China.

Meat

Trump announces 'phase one' trade deal with China

It looks like the Chinese are ready to deal.

Markets are up on the news, China will buy 40-50 billion in agricultural products, and our financial services get access to China's marketplaces.

CNN won't report that, though. They would like you all to know that it is "National coming out day". So never mind the massive deal that the President just scored for our country.

Not sure why working stiffs are obsessed with China.

The great majority of the manufacturing exodus in the early 2000’s was caused by automation, not the lower labor costs that China offered.

As far as the tentative “deal,” I suppose it can’t hurt, but I doubt it’s going to do much for most.

After all, what does opening up China to US financial services companies do for your average Schlitz drinking US slob? Not much!

vantexan

Chinese communist = Asian ISIS. According to Google there are 90,000,000 in the Chinese communist party. 6.5% of the total population are ruling China.
It's that way in every communist country. It's not like registering to be a Republican or Democrat. You have to earn your way in.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I agree our president has gotten fantastic results

Yeah. He's tanked manufacturing, and screwed farmers too. It's kind of shocking that "America First" has translated to isolationism and protectionism instead of recognition we actually have a GLOBAL economy.

I know you don't believe that. But next time you put on your orthopedic Skechers, look inside and see where they were made. When you're at WalMart do the same thing, and see how much of it was made here.

Almost none. If you educated yourself on the GLOBAL economy, you'd know that protectionism and tariffs are a bad idea.

But you won't.

Also, do you think that maybe Trump "made a deal" with the Chinese to salvage something from an absolutely terrible week for him? "I'll look the other way on Hong Kong, but you've got to make ME look good, Xi".

Also, why am I on permanent moderated status when others on here say stuff way more controversial than me? I've seen quite a few racist and worse postings that sail right through.

I behave myself and stay in the mod que?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Yeah. He's tanked manufacturing, and screwed farmers too. It's kind of shocking that "America First" has translated to isolationism and protectionism instead of recognition we actually have a GLOBAL economy.

I know you don't believe that. But next time you put on your orthopedic Skechers, look inside and see where they were made. When you're at WalMart do the same thing, and see how much of it was made here.

Almost none. If you educated yourself on the GLOBAL economy, you'd know that protectionism and tariffs are a bad idea.

But you won't.

Also, do you think that maybe Trump "made a deal" with the Chinese to salvage something from an absolutely terrible week for him? "I'll look the other way on Hong Kong, but you've got to make ME look good, Xi".

Also, why am I on permanent moderated status when others on here say stuff way more controversial than me? I've seen quite a few racist and worse postings that sail right through.

How has President Trump tanked manufacturing?
In Trump's First 30 Months, Manufacturing Up By 314,000 Jobs Over Obama; Which States Are Hot?

Meat

He got off to a decent start, but there have been recent layoffs, and consecutive quarters of retraction.

Personally, I think politicians pay lip-service to manufacturing to entice the stiffs. Considering that manufacturing may not even be ten percent of the economy at this point, it seems they spend a lot of time prattling on about it - the 50’s were a long time ago, folks.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Reported.
You really need to learn to behave yourself.
Fren.

Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the public forum. If you have any concerns or questions about a staff decision, please take it up in private with a member of the site administration team

Terms of Service and Rules | BrownCafe - UPSers talking about UPS

Turdferguson

Just a turd
For example the extremely wet Spring delayed planting of crops. Farmers were praying that there would be a late freeze this year but didn't happen. A record October storm is clobbering crops that haven't reached maturity. And the rain has come back, making fields so muddy they can't support the combines to harvest what has matured. Which will lead to disease and rot. Expect higher prices.
giphy (15).gif

Why in the hell would you know about the rainy season in Asia.
I don't know weather to be impressed, or afraid

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Reported.
You really need to learn to behave yourself.
Fren.

Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the public forum. If you have any concerns or questions about a staff decision, please take it up in private with a member of the site administration team

Terms of Service and Rules | BrownCafe - UPSers talking about UPS

Whatever. It's always entertaining to see you flail and then run to the mods. I'm not sure of who is or isn't a mod these days, so directly contacting one isn't really an option.

Kramer is really an appropriate avatar for you. Entertaining, but basically insane.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
He got off to a decent start, but there have been recent layoffs, and consecutive quarters of retraction.

Personally, I think politicians pay lip-service to manufacturing to entice the stiffs. Considering that manufacturing may not even be ten percent of the economy at this point, it seems they spend a lot of time prattling on about it - the 50’s were a long time ago, folks.

How old are you now? 19? 20? Great point on the lip service, and another on manufacturing. That sector is largely off-shore, placed there largely by Republican-run companies.

Trump wants to return to the 1950's, which sounds great to his base of old, high-school educated FOX addicts. But it isn't realistic and/or feasible. That ship has sailed, but it doesn't stop the Master Con Man from selling the false narrative that it CAN come back.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Like he delivered on North Korea?

Why do you guys insist on believing everything that comes out of this guy’s mouth?

Yep. NK has played with Trump like a toy. China is also toying with Trump, because Kim is their boy, and anything that disrupts the US helps China consolidate their power.

While Trump works towards isolation, the Chinese are expanding into Africa, Pakistan, and the Middle East through "cooperative" infrastructure projects these countries can't afford on their own.

NK has been a lose/lose for Trump and the US, but he acts like he "won". And, amazingly, his ignorant base buys it.