Christmas Eve 2017

A

Article 3

As have I.

45 hours vacation and 16 hours holiday pay.
tenor-1.gif

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Look at Article 40 air operations include Black Friday and New Year Eve
(j) Holiday Work
When it is necessary to provide air service on holidays, the following procedure shall be used:
(1) The Employer shall offer this work in seniority order to fulltime air drivers who have worked at least one (1) day that week before offering it to part-time air drivers.
(2) When the scheduling needs cannot be met using the above pro
vision, the Employer shall have the right to force part-time air drivers and then full-time air drivers to work starting in reverse order of seniority. If after exhausting the above steps scheduling needs are still not met, the Employer shall offer the work in seniority order within the package driver classification. If more drivers are still needed the reverse seniority order concept will be used for package drivers. Package car drivers who work on a holiday may make a written request for an eight (8) hour guarantee. Such written request shall be made the last work day prior to the holiday.All time worked by these drivers on a holiday will be paid at the Supplemental holiday rate.
(3) The scheduling of the support work will be reviewed with the Local Union prior to the holiday. If the Local Union believes that the Employer has scheduled an excessive number of support employees, it shall have the right to appeal directly to the National Air Committee. The National Air Committee will review the schedule and determine whether the Employer has scheduled an excessive number of support employees. If it is determined by the National Air Committee that the Employer worked excessive support employees, the excessive employees worked shall be paid double-time for hours worked in addition to their holiday pay.
(4) Air drivers and support employees scheduled on a holiday to ensure air service to the customer, including time performing incidental work, shall receive straight-time for all hours worked up to eight (8) hours in addition to the holiday pay. Overtime provisions shall apply if the employee works over eight (8) hours.

Sucks doesn't it ?

I didn't phrase my question right. I was not surprised you were scheduled as

support employee's, but you didn't receive the "premium" on top of holiday pay ?

And because they worked the hub as a normal work day last year, you now do.

My reading comprehension was a little off. :ohmy:

Use caution- you are sparring with a.... Big Union Guy. Lol.

Yawn.

Was just asking a question.

-Bug-

vvv

Black Friday in the 177 is triple pay if you work. 8 hours holiday pay+double time for all hours worked. If you don’t work it’s just holiday pay.

I HATE when people refer to that as "triple time". Your holiday pay has NOTHING to do with it. Therefore it would be considered double.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Not sparring just stating fact.I been living with this and fighting it for 20 years. The article 40 language should have been change long ago. Since it only effects a small percentage of the rank and file it has never been corrected.

I wouldn't expect to see much change in Article 40. It's always favored the

company, because it's a premium service and makes them more money.

It's seems the only addition to the article has been to define expanding

terminology as a result of new positions and wage schedules.

-Bug-

A

Article 3

-Bug-
Maybe if they changed it a little the air drivers and support personnel could share in a little bit of that extra money.

anHOURover

-Bug-
Typical hofficer
Already defeated before negotiations even started. FIX THE LANGUAGE SLUGGER!
DO YOUR JOB