Christmas Eve excessive hours problem

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I had 225 stops on Christmas Eve and that is at least 70 stops higher than any of my highest previous years. I had plans and I absolutely wanted to make them. But honestly; regardless of my strong personal preference to have a short day; it was still a regular business work day. They didn't cut any routes and everyone worked including folks from business development who had to suit up as helpers.

Could they pay us for that day or have a pay differential; sure they could but they are not obligated to do that just because I have plans. Quite honestly more money would not have made me feel any better about missing church or having dinner with friends and family. Just my opinion.
More money always makes me feel better.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
it's been explained to me that New Years eve is a holiday for us because we skip so many tiny holidays. It was supposed to be an extra day off at the end of peak.
Tiny holidays? Veterans Day? MLK? Presidents' Day? Most don't consider those tiny

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Neither FedEx or UPS delivered to my house after Friday 12/20.
I have things in my cart at Amazon for a week now.
I held off to keep from adding to the problems.

If you were getting packages yesterday, you were part of the problem! :wink-very:

As if your purchases were going to break UPS's back.... give us a break. Your "stuff" in your cart would amount to spitting in the wind.

TOS.

frizzo1950

Can the union do anything to stop in the future what happened this year? Drivers way over dispatched, 12 hour day. I never seen it this bad, ever.

I know we have to work but historically, we worked a 8 hour day on Christmas Eve.

the only way UPS will do anything about excessive hours is if the Union make them contribute to our pension for every hour we work, not just the 1st 40hours. if that ever happens there would be no issues with our pensions either

dqs95124

10:15 pm. 311 stops by myself. Helper texted me at 10am. He was to tired and sore. 3 of us got our last 100 stops each at 5pm I got help at 8pm but everything was del. when I got home, I was going to the sides for dinner went to bed. I remember when we got off by 5 or 6 for Halloween. When some drivers get off at 2 3 4 w/ lower seniority. Whatever karma is karma