Clarification on 9.5

K20A

I’m a utility driver with 3 years seniority. I asked my SS if we needed to renew our names on the 9.5 list. He said I shouldn’t even be on the 9.5 list because I don’t hold a route nor have 4 years seniority. During the pandemic a different SS told management to add me to the list, and I got like $2000 in penalty pay.

I was under the impression that having 22.4 (Saturday service) in the building meant all FT drivers could add their name to the list. And yes we have a lot of 22.4s and Saturday service.

He’s an older steward, been around a while, so was there a recent clarification on the wording of article 22.4 (b) 12? Why the sudden change?

542thruNthru

I’m a utility driver with 3 years seniority. I asked my SS if we needed to renew our names on the 9.5 list. He said I shouldn’t even be on the 9.5 list because I don’t hold a route nor have 4 years seniority. During the pandemic a different SS told management to add me to the list, and I got like $2000 in penalty pay.

I was under the impression that having 22.4 (Saturday service) in the building meant all FT drivers could add their name to the list. And yes we have a lot of 22.4s and Saturday service.

He’s an older steward, been around a while, so was there a recent clarification on the wording of article 22.4 (b) 12? Why the sudden change?
Yes you are correct. Because of 22.4 language you can get on 9.5 list.
Screenshot_20220212-182521_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Also per the memo that the IBT sent out you don't have to get on the list again because of Covid. Normally you would sign up twice a year.
IMG_0491(2).jpg

Please share with your steward but don't be an ass about it.

Overpaid Union Thug

I can’t remember if it’s a supplement thing or in the national but we don’t have to actively get on the 9.5 list anymore. No more signing or verbally informing anyone. Everyone is automatically added to it if they were already on it before. And to get on it initially we just had to tell our steward.

542thruNthru

I can’t remember if it’s a supplement thing or in the national but we don’t have to actively get on the 9.5 list anymore. No more signing or verbally informing anyone. Everyone is automatically added to it if they were already on it before. And to get on it initially we just had to tell our steward.
We still have to sign up twice a year. Though because of covid It's been mutually agreed upon that that language doesn't have to be followed right now. So I believe since beginning of 2020 a 9.5 sign up list has not been circulated.

I believe it was 2019 the company filed a grievance because many locals were just automatically putting every driver on the 9.5 list and not circulating the sign up sheet.

Overpaid Union Thug

We still have to sign up twice a year. Though because of covid It's been mutually agreed upon that that language doesn't have to be followed right now. So I believe since beginning of 2020 a 9.5 sign up list has not been circulated.

I believe it was 2019 the company filed a grievance because many locals were just automatically putting every driver on the 9.5 list and not circulating the sign up sheet.
Ours only put the drivers from the first round of the 9.5 list back on automatically. And that one was nothing more than the steward walking around asking people if they want in it.

K20A

One more 9.5 question. Can I still file even if they switch me from route to route? Or do I have to be on the same route for the whole week?

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver

What do you mean by "utility driver"? If you mean "cover driver" in the RPCD category, as long as you have 22.4 drivers you are covered. If you mean "seasonal" or side agreement driver, it would be up the language in that agreement. The steward may have been remembering the last contract or if you added 22.4 recently. Not all centers have saturday delivery.

AKCoverMan

One more 9.5 question. Can I still file even if they switch me from route to route? Or do I have to be on the same route for the whole week?
It’s slippery. I’m guessing where you are a “utility” is a RPCD full time driver who does not hold a bid route, yes?

Are you allowed to bid on vacant routes week by week? The language talks about being assigned to same route all week Or being assigned to a route all week and then management moves you.