Class action lawsuit pertaining to not being able to take 10 minute breaks

It will be fine

Yes, that is one reason most drivers like this job. No manager looking over our shoulder. They now have gps in our trucks and powerpads. I can understand the forward facing cameras but driver facing would be a deal breaker for many when turnover has been high for quite some time. I just think it would be a dumb move on the company's part
There still won’t be anyone watching, that’s paranoia. They trigger by large G-force changes and save a minute on either side. After a while the systems blank out certain areas like a rough set of train tracks. Really if you’re a safe driver the odds are better the video will exonerate you than show negligence.

It will be fine

Do you have cameras in your restrooms, too?
No expectation of privacy....sounds like a proper litigation project for our California brethren.
That’s just silly talk. In the truck you’re in public, literally everyone you interact with is carrying a camera, most buildings you’re in are wired, a growing number of residences are getting doorbell cameras, many passenger vehicles have dash cams. You’re on video all day everyday.

floridays

Yes, that is one reason most drivers like this job. No manager looking over our shoulder. They now have gps in our trucks and powerpads. I can understand the forward facing cameras but driver facing would be a deal breaker for many when turnover has been high for quite some time. I just think it would be a dumb move on the company's part
There is no good reason for driver facing camera's that I can think of. I stand to be corrected however.

It will be fine

There is no good reason for driver facing camera's that I can think of. I stand to be corrected however.
Had a Linehaul guy around here pulling an empty through the mountains. Wind flipped him on his side. Driver camera showed him driving with hands at 10 and 2 paying attention. He didn’t get disqualified for an at-fault roll over.

Oldfart

Had a Linehaul guy around here pulling an empty through the mountains. Wind flipped him on his side. Driver camera showed him driving with hands at 10 and 2 paying attention. He didn’t get disqualified for an at-fault roll over.
Hands at 9 and 3 is the new 10 and 2.

floridays

You said wind flipped him on his side. I assume that was proven through investigation. If his hands weren't at 10 and 2, and he was picking his nose, as @Operational needs is known to do, would he have been at fault then, or would it still have been heavy wind?

It will be fine

You said wind flipped him on his side. I assume that was proven through investigation. If his hands weren't at 10 and 2, and he was picking his nose, as @Operational needs is known to do, would he have been at fault then, or would it still have been heavy wind?
I don’t know. They have the tractors wired up with many cameras. The ones facing down the sides showed the wind pushing the trailer over. I imagine safety would have a different determination if the driver had his hands off the wheel not paying attention in inclement weather.

floridays

You're in the driver seat of someone else's vehicle on their time and their time. How much privacy do you need?
I'll agree, when every computer has real time video capture. Why the continued effort to bust the humps ass that brings in the actual revenue?

vantexan

I'll agree, when every computer has real time video capture. Why the continued effort to bust the humps ass that brings in the actual revenue?
Probably because people are so litigious these days it'll put blame on driver rather than company if a bad accident occurs.

floridays

Probably because people are so litigious these days it'll put blame on driver rather than company if a bad accident occurs.
I think you missed my point.
What you said is incorrect, the driver will not be the respondent, in an action it will be the employer, regardless of driver facing camera.

vantexan

I think you missed my point.
What you said is incorrect, the driver will not be the respondent, in an action it will be the employer, regardless of driver facing camera.
You're right, because that's where the money is. But with a conservative court, and constant lobbying of Congress, not a stretch to see down the road that the onus is put on the employee, rather than the company, if the company can prove it was irresponsible employee behavior that caused an accident. It's always about the money when companies do stuff like this. They aren't spending serious money just because they want to intrude on an employee's privacy. Bad employees often cause them a lot money, and they want to root out any who might. Or protect themselves in litigation.

floridays

You're right, because that's where the money is. But with a conservative court, and constant lobbying of Congress, not a stretch to see down the road that the onus is put on the employee, rather than the company, if the company can prove it was irresponsible employee behavior that caused an accident. It's always about the money when companies do stuff like this. They aren't spending serious money just because they want to intrude on an employee's privacy. Bad employees often cause them a lot money, and they want to root out any who might. Or protect themselves in litigation.
We agree on most things, but I will have to disagree with your analysis here. The company will always be the respondent. A driver may have criminal exposure.
I think better money would be spent on backup cameras. I was there as you were. Which camera on all trucks would prove to be more beneficial?
I know the answer as you do.
I've been on both sides, I'll ask you as I did Dano, Why the perceived push to penalize the humps that provide the revenue? I'm asking questions now, guide me through it.

floridays

We agree on most things, but I will have to disagree with your analysis here. The company will always be the respondent. A driver may have criminal exposure.
I think better money would be spent on backup cameras. I was there as you were. Which camera on all trucks would prove to be more beneficial?
I've been on both sides, I'll ask you as I did Dano, Why the perceived push to penalize the humps that provide the revenue? I'm asking questions now, guide me through it.

It will be fine

You guys don’t have backup cameras?
Why do you see a training/CYA tool as a penalization?