CNN Strike Article

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Exactly. RPCD’s and 22.4’s won’t be the only ones striking, everyone working inside will be on the picket line as well. Even if you have supervisors running routes, they’re showing up to empty trucks in the morning. They’re gonna have to unload, sort and load volume. I really want to know what her plan is. You can’t replace such a large workforce over night. Even if they could muster 350,000 people to take our place, they don’t have the manpower to train that many newbies at one time. This woman is delusional if she thinks UPS can operate during a strike.
Not all locals are effected by a strike.
As has been the case in the 70's and 90's strikes.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The best option is for limited work slow downs.
That way the p/ts can still collect a check and not have to go on welfare.
Also everyone can really benefit from those large retroactive checks.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
This ain’t 1997. People are much less patient for their cheap online junk. They want it and they want it now. There’s also no love or sympathy for the labor movement anymore. We’re the highest paid and compensated in the industry, like the article said 145,000 a year in pay and benefits. When most people make far less and get nothing I don’t see the support for it. And during a time of recession and inflation when people are hardly scraping by for the people who deliver the food and medicine and make the world spin to go on strike, I’m pretty sure we would be roundly hated. Plus you got a lot of workers here who need to pay the bills. 300,000,000 strike fund will go quick paying 345,000 workers with it. You probably couldn’t get 5% of the workers of a hub to even show on the picket line. No one cares.

The people will support whatever the mefia tells them they support. They were more than happy to lose their businesses, destroy their kids cognitive development and risk their lives on experimental gene therapy becaude the mefia told.them all the good boys and girls are doing it. I don't buy that people won't wait a couple weeks to get their flip flops.

Whereistheunion

I'm sorry to say it but Carol tome is smarter than our previous CEO's don't doubt if she just locks us out

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I'm sorry to say it but Carol tome is smarter than our previous CEO's don't doubt if she just locks us out
If the company locks us out and we’re not on strike then in most states the workers can get unemployment. 400,000 people quickly draining the unemployment fund and ruining the monthly job reports would light a match under the butts of the states to make the company come to the table. Also by federal law they can only replace you with a temporary worker.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The one thing that stood out to me was the demand to put a/c in the package cars, new ones going forward is easy to do but to retrofit the existing fleet is not going to be an easy task.

Kits are going to have to be developed for the retrofits for several body and engine combos, all modern engines have ECU controlled A/C so it's going to require atleast reflashing the ECU and body control modules. The kits are going to have to have wiring overlays since our trucks shipped without factory a/c and does not have the wiring in place. May end up needing modules too if the current ones lack the drivers inside of them.

Then who is going to install it, if it gets outsourced that is going to be a big national level grieve since that is our work, however there is no way in hell already overworked UPS shops can handle 100k retrofits.

After all that I think you guys will be disappointed in the results, these things leak air like crazy and no way will it cool the back in an uninsulated box

It will be like power steering no old trucks will be retrofitted but going forward all new ones are gonna have some half assed version of A/C

If you are working PT at UPS and don't have a second job or living with your parents, you already are on welfare.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Just like your 9.5 grievances...
Just like your vacation and any other management’s from August to Dec ‘23 has been blocked out, already know, don’t deny it.

Let me know when you guys need me back to work, I’ll tell the drink guy to cancel my order and get on the next to the last flight back.

nWo

Anytime anyone complains about anything a boomer tells them, "If you don't like it then quit. You are lucky to have a job."

We have a country full of trump supporters.

We aren't going to have a lot of people on our side during a strike.

Anytime anyone complains about anything a boomer tells them, "If you don't like it then quit. You are lucky to have a job."

We have a country full of trump supporters.

We aren't going to have a lot of people on our side during a strike.
I bet you would be surprised how many people in this country are not trump supporters. The ones that are make 10 times the noise to make up for the lack of support.