Co-worker stinks up two belts - on topic

smurfybrown

happily retired
How about tell ur boss about it and if he doesn't fix it , tell his boss. You don't know what's going on in his life.
Certain diseases, medications, disabililities and old age make it difficult for individuals to have impeccable hygiene. It can be tough to walk up to another person and possibly risk offending them. I agree it's gross when a person who is physically able to show up for work couldn't at least take a washcloth to themself in the restroom, but then again there could be an underlying medical issue causing the odor.

smurfybrown

happily retired
Certain diseases, medications, disabililities and old age make it difficult for individuals to have impeccable hygiene. It can be tough to walk up to another person and possibly risk offending them. I agree it's gross when a person who is physically able to show up for work couldn't at least take a washcloth to themself in the restroom, but then again there could be an underlying medical issue causing the odor.
LOL I just thought of something kinda relating to this post. My DH occassionally uses cologne, and I can't stand it. I always tell him I prefer his natural scent to that chemical concoction he spritzes on himself.

smurfybrown

happily retired
Chances are he just doesn't care. I mean, how can he not know?

I've always wondered about putting a tiny bit of something like Vics Vapor rub under my nose. Don't know if it's harmful or not, I'll leave others to research that.
lol I watched an episode of "Monk" last night, and the coroner in Mexico handed Monk and Sharon something like that to rub under their nostrils because the stench had them gagging. lol

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Click on "reply" under their post. Then wait until their post pops up in the post box. Make sure you type AFTER their post.
IMG_1160.GIF

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Thanks for taking this issue seriously. I've had this guy's cars before. He stacked out and I had cleanup. It was the worst job I've ever had to do at UPS. I have no idea how drivers can stand that lingering smell in 120 degrees.

It sucks, too, because the dust and detritus and fibers from cardboard in damp (Oregon) environments retain smell. His work area doesn't stink; per se, but it smells nothing like the rest of the building. When it's hot and wet it is worse, because he sweats and his hands touch things we have to touch. So people past him are getting stank and can touch their face and ugh :censored2: me man this guy is so gross.

It just makes me worry he's retarded or has a cath or a bag or some defect, but I can't keep working with this odor plain and simple. It's now become an uncomfortable work environment because of his lack of hygiene.

I don't care how hard he "professionally games" for 100h a week, but I know you don't sweat.

I "smell" a lawsuit

@Wally 's got nothing on me

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Yeah the guy who can't wash himself will be a mechanical savant the day your car dies leaving work.

I walk 10 miles round trip to get to work. I love my morning walks. But I shower beforehand and use deodorant with fresh clothes and stay hydrated. How this is too hard for some people I do not know.

So you walk 5 miles to get to a near minimum wage job

Wow!! That's impressive

I guess

over9five

Staff member
LOL I just thought of something kinda relating to this post. My DH occassionally uses cologne, and I can't stand it. I always tell him I prefer his natural scent to that chemical concoction he spritzes on himself.
There's a woman sup in Chema that makes me gag walking 20' behind her cuz she wears too much perfume.

browntroll

we had a guy like that also, security had febreze on hand and would spray as soon as he left guard shack.
they actually complained and got HR involved, he finally started showering after he went back driving.

So you walk 5 miles to get to a near minimum wage job

Wow!! That's impressive

I guess

Yep, I'm in great shape and when I get home, I can put in as many hours as I want in my online business. Then, from March to June I make thousands of tax free money going hiking and selling mushrooms to farmers markets and food brokers.

Come Sept/Oct until mid January, I make about three times as much in a fraction of the time. I can get about 4 or 5 of those runs off. If a bumper crop comes I get 7 or 8 big runs in. I get paid to take pictures and genetic samples and spores while seeing the best parts of the PNW.

My wife makes a mint. I'll be retired from UPS at 55 owning her business and the competitor's. You'll still be driving a car whining about missing pension and benefits.

Come at me bro.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Yep, I'm in great shape and when I get home, I can put in as many hours as I want in my online business. Then, from March to June I make thousands of tax free money going hiking and selling mushrooms to farmers markets and food brokers.

Come Sept/Oct until mid January, I make about three times as much in a fraction of the time. I can get about 4 or 5 of those runs off. If a bumper crop comes I get 7 or 8 big runs in. I get paid to take pictures and genetic samples and spores while seeing the best parts of the PNW.

My wife makes a mint. I'll be retired from UPS at 55 owning her business and the competitor's. You'll still be driving a car whining about missing pension and benefits.

Come at me bro.

Yeah whatever