COLA is a 33 cent adjustment to top scale

Commercial Inside Release

And also, I’m not sure where u came up with your rent vs buy figures. Buying is almost always cheaper than renting, probably $200-$500 mo. Cheaper.
He's including stand alone homes in his estimate of square footage. Sure, if you count that 5bd\3ba\3gar mcmansion that rents for $2850\mo then the numbers he's using work out. Maybe in his market?

I don't know too many people that RENT places like that... Insane people? Generally, people rent 3bdrm at most, and the cheapest they can tolerate. $2850 to rent a whole house would just guarantee divorce, and she would be right back in a 3bdrm apartment.

Up In Smoke

Ok but they are globalist corp. they are not comparing apples to apples in the real world. Listen to Dave Ramsey, he explains it, and it makes sense. Rents follow buying but a little higher because the person who bought the rental property has to make money on it. So whatever the house that u are renting, u could have bought it for 200-500 per month cheaper. In fact, someone did, your landlord.
We own rentals and your a little confused. When using a property as an income source, it becomes a business. Mortgage interest, taxes, insurance and maintenance now become deductable. The rule of 10% now applies. It's states rent must be greater or equal to 10% more than the Principal dollars minus costs of interest, taxes, insurance and maintenance. The goal is to pay the mortgage but incur a net zero or loss on your taxes.

Non liberal

He's including stand alone homes in his estimate of square footage. Sure, if you count that 5bd\3ba\3gar mcmansion that rents for $2850\mo then the numbers he's using work out. Maybe in his market?

I don't know too many people that RENT places like that... Insane people? Generally, people rent 3bdrm at most, and the cheapest they can tolerate. $2850 to rent a whole house would just guarantee divorce, and she would be right back in a 3bdrm apartment.
No, he’s comparing apples to apples. USA Today is not. If you buy a median house let’s say 200k for giggles. Your mortgage may be 1200. If you want to turn around and rent it out it’s going to be 1500. Slightly more than what u paid. Because you have to cover expenses, other wise there would be no rentals. It probably goes by bedroom size?

Non liberal

We own rentals and you’re a little confused. When using a property as an income source, it becomes a business. Mortgage interest, taxes, insurance and maintenance now become deductable. The rule of 10% now applies. Its states rent must be greater or equal to 10% more than the Principal dollars minus costs of interest, taxes, insurance and maintenance. The goal is to pay the mortgage but incur a net zero or loss on your taxes.
No, the goal is to make money. And you don’t make money when you are incurring a net zero or loss on your taxes.

Up In Smoke

No, the goal is to make money. And you don’t make money when you are incurring a net zero or loss on your taxes.
No, the goal is to pay down an appreciating asset without paying taxes while that happens. There a reason the wealthy pay far less tax than the middle class. They utilize the equity from their assets which are taxed at a much lower level than income.

Non liberal

No, the goal is to pay down an appreciating asset without paying taxes while that happens. They’re a reason the wealthy pay far less tax than the middle class. They utilize the equity from their assets which are taxed at a much lower level than income.
Maybe if you’re talking about billionaires and their assets. The little Joe Schmo who buying a house and renting it is trying to make money. The little bit he pays in income tax is going to be far less then he makes on the property.even millionaires wouldn’t see a benefit from not making money to avoid paying income tax.

Non liberal

Google it. There are dozens of articles that compare the costs. The USA Today article I referenced took an average from the 50 largest cities in the US. They were 2022 numbers.

Attachments

• IMG_6882.png
    IMG_6882.png
    263.2 KB · Views: 30

Up In Smoke

Before I head to the gym. The 2022 average cost per square foot to purchase was $2.12 and to rent $1.73. Found it on the St Louis Fed website. It wouldn't fit on my phone and the pictures are illegible.

Up In Smoke

A little better info. $2.25 average to purchase and $1.88 to rent in average.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230629-043120.png
    Screenshot_20230629-043120.png
    284.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20230629-040650.png
    Screenshot_20230629-040650.png
    268.7 KB · Views: 31

Non liberal

Before I head to the gym. The 2022 average cost per square foot to purchase was $2.12 and to rent $1.73. Found it on the St Louis Fed website. It wouldn't fit on my phone and the pictures are illegible.
Ok, Given these figures you’re down to roughly $400 month. Look, this really isn’t up for debate. People have studied this who are very smart. Long term, buying is better than renting financially, and for your emotional well being as well.

Up In Smoke

Ok, Given these figures you’re down to roughly $400 month. Look, this really isn’t up for debate. People have studied this who are very smart. Long term, buying is better than renting financially, and for your emotional well being as well.
Yearly maintenance is approximately 3% of the property value. 200k nets 6k or 500 per month of additional cost. Now we're at $900 per month and 850K of compound interest savings over a 30 year mortgage.