COLA is a 33 cent adjustment to top scale

oldngray

nowhere special
Lol, I don’t know where you work. I don’t have a choice about the hours. Second, I’m a 16 yr employee with 300k put away for retirement and just refinanced my house at 2.5 percent that knocked 5 yrs and a percentage point of my rate. There’s a difference between refinancing and a home equity loan. I’m fine financially, I don’t do stupid. and I still don’t have any extra money. I doubt anyone really does who likes to eat a steak every now and then. This :censored2: in office is going to break this country, and he’s doing it on purpose.
Is that a fixed 2.5 percent? Mortgage rates are about to shoot up.

Is that a fixed 2.5 percent? Mortgage rates are about to shoot up.
They went up a lot lately
Screenshot_20220616-200530-164.png

Up In Smoke

Lol, I don’t know where you work. I don’t have a choice about the hours. Second, I’m a 16 yr employee with 300k put away for retirement and just refinanced my house at 2.5 percent that knocked 5 yrs and a percentage point of my rate. There’s a difference between refinancing and a home equity loan. I’m fine financially, I don’t do stupid. and I still don’t have any extra money. I doubt anyone really does who likes to eat a steak every now and then. This :censored2: in office is going to break this country, and he’s doing it on purpose.
33 year driver that's been on and filed dozens of 9.5 grievances. Control my hours through the contract language.

Non liberal

I’m not saying my situation is anything special, just trying to stress that these liberal administrations are killing the middle class with their idiotic policies. It has to be on purpose, they simply can’t be this stupid.

Non liberal

33 year driver that's been on and filed dozens of 9.5 grievances. Control my hours through the contract language.
I’m not a pkg car driver, that language doesn’t pertain to me. That’s fine, times like these I am thankful for the time. I’m just saying this administrations inability to govern for the good of the American people is really starting to affect the middle class in this country.

Non liberal

They want to reduce the overtime, so they say

Every time I do that it does not last long.
Oh yeah, I heard they wanted to get everyone on 8 hours as well. I’ll believe it when I see it. It’s so hard to get drivers on an eight hr workday, there is just so many variables out there that are out of the control of the company or driver.

Up In Smoke

I’m not a pkg car driver, that language doesn’t pertain to me. That’s fine, times like these I am thankful for the time. I’m just saying this administrations inability to govern for the good of the American people is really starting to affect the middle class in this country.
It sounds like you have a pretty good handle on what life's handed you so far. My only couple pieces of advice would be to, bet on yourself and make a positive change or focus on the positives. There are few greater feelings than building something and have it be successful. I also get great satisfaction from being part of something positive in my church, neighborhood and community. Time like money is an investment, use it wisely.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Oh yeah, I heard they wanted to get everyone on 8 hours as well. I’ll believe it when I see it. It’s so hard to get drivers on an eight hr workday, there is just so many variables out there that are out of the control of the company or driver.

Maybe add a little incentive..”Have the Company start contributing weekly to our pension funds (Overtime) Hours instead of stopping at 40 a week...

It would fix that issue real quick...🤔

Pickles

(as I stated elsewhere) COLA is easy to calculate....we just have another month's of inflation to be included in it.

COLA in our contract is determined by May 2022's CPI-W which will be released on June 10th, 2022 @ 8:30 am ET. If you plug in April 2022's CPI-W instead (which was released on 5/11/22) the estimate is:

284.575 (which is April's CPI-W number found here) - 271.52036 (which is May 2021's CPI-W number multiplied by 1.03 as the union only gets COLA when inflation rises above 3%) =13.05464. Now take that number and multiply by $0.05 and you get $0.65 COLA raise with May's inflation adding to it. If inflation remains where it is now then that number could go to $0.75.

So expect a COLA raise between $0.68-$0.75 per hour depending on May's inflation rate.
Have the numbers came out for this year yet? Are there COLA raises in a contract year?