Colin Kaepernick refusal to stand during national anthem

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
image.jpeg

bbsam

Staff member
Where is @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U when you need him? A worthless thread about a worthless NFL QB making a stupid protest about a serious subject...this thread could use some asinine back and forth just to bury the topic .

How about some personal attacks and childish name calling to bury the topic
He just did that. I wonder how many " brothers" he employ's?

Is he a big brother and mentor these young children? Does he donate to African American charitable causes?

If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem. Don't blame my white behind. I'm not oppressing anyone

He makes some lame drive by comment and runs

Don't blame me

Blame yourself.

Sportello

Chet Lemon, Lou Whittaker and Jackie Robinson did not stand for the anthem, either.

Back then, the First Amendment was still in effect.

rickyb

Actually, no. That's called patriotism, also known as pride in your country, in good and bad. The concept of which, you obviously weren't taught. Your parents failed you.
the true patriots are the ones who criticize their country of which america has no shortage of problems. patriotism is quite often about nationalist racism.

Nationalists do not venerate veterans. They venerate veterans who read from the approved patriotic script. America is the greatest and most powerful country on earth. Those we fight are depraved barbarians. Our enemies deserve death. God is on our side. Victory is assured. Our soldiers and Marines are heroes. Deviate from this cant, no matter how many military tours you may have served, and you become despicable. The vaunted patriotism of the right wing is about self-worship. It is a raw lust for violence. It is blind subservience to the state. And it works to censor the reality of war.

my country has failed me. north american culture is a failure and really we have collectively failed ourselves.

the player who didn't sing the anthem obviously has a conscience and some balls to say "this far and no further".

wheres your breaking point?