colleges and universities

oldngray

nowhere special
picdump_1207_640_34.jpg

rickyb

reading david cay johnstons free lunch, he says student debt was unheard of in the 50s, 60s, and most of the 70s. some part of hte US govt said that hundreds of millions of dollars that 1 of the student loan corporations got was illegitimate, but the govt didnt want to go after the 1 because then it would have to go after more of them. meanwhile, students can only declare bankruptcy on student debt if they die, or if they can prove they are permanently disabled.

rickyb

in america, young adults have to make big financial decisions regarding their education. i dont think people should be making these kind of decisions at 18, 19, 20. i didnt start knowing anything about politics / economic until i was older, i just knew college was expensive and i thought risky.

in many EU countries, education is free and not a big decision at all.

both are taxed one way or another. it depends how they are taxed which makes one better than the other.

this video also shows record inequality of america and a mom contemplating post poning retirement so the $90,000 in student debt can be forgiven.