Comey testimony 12/07/2018

Sportello

Dt7sNSuXQAEx_TB.jpg:large

floridays

Mr. Comey . I don't know because I don't know what collusion means. It's a term I haven't heard in my career in the Justice Department, so I don't know.

Mr. Mueller would have another have indictment for lying to Congress if he were investigating Comey.
This answer from Comey is at least one of three, truth, misstatement or lie, or a combination.

1. There can be a criminal act of collusion which is can be an element in many antitrust prosecutions, which the Dept. of Justice prosecutes.

Lie or misstatement of fact, you decide.
If Comey was a Trump associate, Mueller would call it a lie and charge accordingly.

2. 'I don't know what collusion means,' "so I don't know.'

The man has a JD from University of Chicago Law, he is
well aware of illegal business practices that the term is used to define or illustrate criminal elements in Antitrust Law.

Mueller would consider this a lie to Congress as well.

Sportello

Mr. Comey . I don't know because I don't know what collusion means. It's a term I haven't heard in my career in the Justice Department, so I don't know.

Mr. Mueller would have another have indictment for lying to Congress if he were investigating Comey.
This answer from Comey is at least one of three, truth, misstatement or lie, or a combination.

1. There can be a criminal act of collusion which is can be an element in many antitrust prosecutions, which the Dept. of Justice prosecutes.

Lie or misstatement of fact, you decide.
If Comey was a Trump associate, Mueller would call it a lie and charge accordingly.

2. 'I don't know what collusion means,' "so I don't know.'

The man has a JD from University of Chicago Law, he is
well aware of illegal business practices that the term is used to define or illustrate criminal elements in Antitrust Law.

Mueller would consider this a lie to Congress as well.
I knew I could draw you out to say something stupid. Not ignorant, no sir, you are not ignorant.

floridays

I knew I could draw you out to say something stupid. Not ignorant, no sir, you are not ignorant.
I may be ignorant, yet still correct.
Attack the substance not me.
Was your post simply a personal attack on me? Maybe we should throw it to the booth it is headed to anyway.
Time will tell.

Sportello

Was your post simply a personal attack on me? Maybe we should throw it to the booth it is headed to anyway.
Time will tell.
Forgive me, sir. Perhaps you have misunderstood. I never said you were ignorant. How could you possibly construe my post to be a personal attack?

Correct? Well that remains to be seen. The odds are not tilting in that direction.

I like the ground I’m standing on.

Sportello

Time will tell.
I would also like to add, that if you take Donnie’s statements as fact, you are a fool. That cannot be in dispute. Donnie is a fool.

floridays

Forgive me, sir. Perhaps you have misunderstood. I never said you were ignorant. How could you possibly construe my post to be a personal attack?

Correct? Well that remains to be seen. The odds are not tilting in that direction.

I like the ground I’m standing on.
I read the word stupid, as Gump says, "Stupid is as stupid does." I've been reprimanded previously for using "stupid." I am going to be proven correct, I can read the seams on a baseball, or could with my younger eyesight.

floridays

I would also like to add, that if you take Donnie’s statements as fact, you are a fool. That cannot be in dispute. Donnie is a fool.
The only statement that has a legal recourse is one under oath.
Comey was under oath, we will see what the clowns grilling him will do with it.
You have yet to respond to my initial claims made to your initial post. I know why you haven't. I laid it out in my first response. "I have never heard the term collusion, in my time at the Justice Dept,... BS. I don't know what it is, BS from a guy with a JD.
I don't assume forward thinking during his questioning previously from the clowns that had him under oath, but they have the guy by he short hairs if they want him. previously

vantexan

All I know is that under the law, which supposedly we're all under, Hillary Clinton used her position as Secretary of State, and then the presumptive President of the United States, to reap tens of millions of Dollars into her and her husband's bank accounts. When it was found that she used a private server to conduct government business on, which was a felony, the seriousness of which was magnified by the finding of top secret documents on, she refused to hand over tens of thousands of emails under subpoena to the body responsible for determining why she was using such a setup. And to make certain they couldn't ever read those emails she had the server "bleach bitted" and had her aides smash all cellphones and blackberries they used to email and text her. Clearly a violation of laws pertaining to obstruction. Numerous felonies committed. And yet exonerated by the FBI director, who's job wasn't to do such, that was the Attorney General's job.

Compare and contrast that with the search far and wide to find anything that could possibly rise to the level of an impeachable offense committed by the president. Some of the president's aides and associates have been indicted for various offenses in hopes of getting them to admit something about Trump that condemns him but so far have they actually found anything? Our former Secretary of State put national security on the line and went to great lengths to cover that up. Yawn? Really? But so far, in violation of Mueller's mandate concerning Russia collusion, the worst you can come up with is Trump MAY have violated campaign finance laws to hush up women he played around with? With his own money? The seriousness of which may have embarrassed him and hurt his chances to win the presidency? That's it? This is what the sanctity of the judicial process hangs on when his opponent clearly committed high crimes that would have gotten her impeached if she had won? Assuming, of course, that it wouldn't have been suppressed by her DOJ.

Since some here like to ridicule "Jebus" I'm certain you're aware it was Jesus who said, paraphrasing, that you shouldn't worry about the speck in your brother's eye when you have a log in your own. And for the millionth time, if it's shown that Trump actually committed an impeachable offense, then throw the book at him. But if we don't apply the law equally to all in power then we'll continue to get those who serve themselves instead of the people. Is it that hard to understand?

newfie

I'll assume you have mastered the skill and think you recognize someone with your level of competence in this areana?

newfie

it was good trump fired him. How can you have someone head the FBI who does not remember things over 200 times. the guy is a mental idiot.

newfie

He is a mental idiot but that doesn't mean he should have fired Comey. You just got newfied.

did you just say Comey is a mental idiot who was in charge of the FBI and should not have been fired?

comey stated he did not remember 230 times in his interview. that is the mental idiot. your deflection was totally irrelevant.

bacha29

All that matters now is that in their briefings to the court in both the Manafort and Cohen cases federal prosecutors have informed the judge that they are completely willing and prepared to present their evidence in court. That's the only thing that the defendants and their co- conspirators need to be focused on now.
As Joe Scarborough a life long Republican pointed out. Law enforcement and the intelligence community always wins.

bbsam

Staff member
The only statement that has a legal recourse is one under oath.
Comey was under oath, we will see what the clowns grilling him will do with it.
You have yet to respond to my initial claims made to your initial post. I know why you haven't. I laid it out in my first response. "I have never heard the term collusion, in my time at the Justice Dept,... BS. I don't know what it is, BS from a guy with a JD.
I don't assume forward thinking during his questioning previously from the clowns that had him under oath, but they have the guy by he short hairs if they want him. previously
Comey got Gowdy to equate “collusion” with “conspiracy”. Rather masterful actually.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Comey is a worthless P.O.S. He doesn't recall anything concerning the Clintons. I agree, they are forgettable,but c'mon!!

bacha29

Who really cares what Gowdy has to say anyway? Rather than to go down to a humiliating defeat he chose not to run again. He's going back to so called practicing law which mean lobbying in behalf of any special interest who will give the price he wants.

vantexan

Who really cares what Gowdy has to say anyway? Rather than to go down to a humiliating defeat he chose not to run again. He's going back to so called practicing law which mean lobbying in behalf of any special interest who will give the price he wants.
Defeat? Did his district go blue?