Comey Testimony

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Classification is not the legal determination. Trumps people are filing a complaint with the DOJ inspector generals office today.
The law gets a little 'fuzz' on it.
Those are not his personal notes ... they were the US Government's notes that Comey recorded.
He did not destroy them, which would be a felony.
These papers are most likely going to be 'classified' because they are evidence.
The pundits have been all over the place on this.

newfie

I doubt that ... otherwise Trump would have been Trumpeting that all over Twitter.

after hearing the admission about his leak. then you time the may 12th tweet from trump where he says if comey is thinking about leaking he better hope there are no tapes.

For some reason trump was concerned about Comey being a leaker and attacked that point immediately after he fired Comey. I think that may be the real reason he fired comey. Trump has access to intelligence from a variety of sources. Some of the others intelligence sources may have been pointing back to the FBI. Thus in one conversation with Comey Trump asks him if he trusts specific people that report to Comey.Much of the leaking was debunked yesterday. but there was still some that was from someone who had high level access.

1)Trump was clearly looking for a reason to fire comey and used comeys bumbling in the senate interview as the excuse.
2)despite left wing conspiracy theory's firing Comey does nothing to stop the investigation or slow it down.
3) Despite the naivity of politics argument made by some , I'm sure Trump knew that firing comey could lead to further heart ache including a special counsel
4) Nothing has irritated Trump more then the high level leaks coming out.
So the real reason to me may be the first tweet after comey was fired where Trump clearly shows he thinks Comey will start leaking information to try to make trump look bad or worse then he currently looks. I think Trump tipped his hand to the real reason he fired Comey.
5) Comey resigned from a position in 2004 on a matter of principle.
6) That strong feeling of principle clearly disappeared with Lynch and Trump.
7) Did Comey swallow his principles in one way and trade it off thinking he could keep an eye on the seat of power and reveal their dirty deeds?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So a tweeting idiot is more credible than a leaker? I'm still not sure what you think was dishonest. Either all of his testimony is credible or not. Not just one cherry picked statement.
I know you heard that on TV because you ain't stupid enough to come up with that on your own. :huh:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
One memo does not equal ALL. the leaks that are coming out
Nice spin
I thought it was decent spin myself.
I'm learning to be a political pundit.
Actually has been fun ... my entire life has been focused on getting the facts straight and eliminating conjecture from decision input.
This is a lot more fun!

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Comey previously said he was not a source of leaks, yet now he admits he was. Seriously hurts his credibility.
Among those who have already decided he is a nutjob, biased, and apologist for Trump.
Just like those who have prejudged Trump's guilt found him to be an excellent witness.
That dog and pony show yesterday means nothing. It's what Mueller decides what is important

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
the fact he let clinton off the hook after lynch basically told him call the case something else is all i need to know about comey. He was trying to keep his job and jerking trump around. I would be frustrated to

oldngray

nowhere special
Among those who have already decided he is a nutjob, biased, and apologist for Trump.
Just like those who have prejudged Trump's guilt found him to be an excellent witness.
That dog and pony show yesterday means nothing. It's what Mueller decides what is important

Mueller will be far more important but unlikely to be the final decision. Comey was unlikely to be more than entertainment because there was very little chance of anything important coming out of it. It was all the hype building up to a whole lot of nothing that was funny to watch. Comey did hurt himself more than Trump is about the only result.