Comfy Seasonal Driver and PVD Appreciation Thread

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I could care less about striving for approval and my friends are few but true. All are conservative and passionate about America. None of them are liberals. Ain't gonna happen.

I have friends on both sides of the political aisle, difficult as that can be these days.

I do not have any friends who would start at a new job, do it for two weeks, tell all the veterans that they are overpaid and how easy it is, and then post online weirdly graphic descriptions of all the shšŸ¤¬ts they take at work.

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
I have friends on both sides of the political aisle, difficult as that can be these days.

I do not have any friends who would start at a new job, do it for two weeks, tell all the veterans that they are overpaid and how easy it is, and then post online weirdly graphic descriptions of all the shšŸ¤¬ts they take at work.
Drama queen. Get over it.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Oh thanks!
I got off on the wrong foot with several here due to me being too reactive and combative after being called a scab. I shouldn't have behaved this way for a few reasons. The main one being I'm not a union member or a full time ups employee (yetšŸ˜¬). Seems those that flamed me without provocation could have behaved better as well but I'll blame myself. It's a lot easier that way.
If you met me and still hated me to your core, as you do with prejudice, you'd be the one and only. I have no enemies in my personal life. Never have. I love helping people and I do so as often as possible. I'm a good dude trust me.
I could care less about striving for approval and my friends are few but true. All are conservative and passionate about America. None of them are liberals. Ain't gonna happen.
You were called a scab because you refer to yourself as one in your profile. Based on your original post about what you were implying you would do to an unhappy customer you will never be a full time UPS employee. You were "flamed" because you, and only you provoked it. You have provided some fun for us here but don't think you are providing us a service or favor. If you in fact do work at all this coming week and it is the last week for seasonals, I hope you just go away. I'm not wishing you ill-will, just ready for you to be gone now.

What'dyabringmetoday???

My point is that NOBODY should wad up if someone wants to do something, during work, that they don't advocate for.
I've read here, more than once, where drivers come in early to sort their shelves. They are making an investment in their day IMO. They can make their truck grab and go instead of hunt and peck. How much time is saved when your truck is perfectly sorted compared to the average sorting that's generally done. Maybe an hour? Maybe these drivers want to get home to their families an hour early and invest their own time in the effort to do so.
If this is decision I made, as a driver, and some union militant came to me and said something about MY decision there would be a BIG problem.
Actually, there would be a big problem- for you and UPS. It is in the contract that the company will not allow employees to work without compensation. Just go work at FedEx Ground if you don't enjoy being paid. It's a free country. For now...

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I donā€™t care anymore.
Oh thanks!
I got off on the wrong foot with several here due to me being too reactive and combative after being called a scab. I shouldn't have behaved this way for a few reasons. The main one being I'm not a union member or a full time ups employee (yetšŸ˜¬). Seems those that flamed me without provocation could have behaved better as well but I'll blame myself. It's a lot easier that way.
If you met me and still hated me to your core, as you do with prejudice, you'd be the one and only. I have no enemies in my personal life. Never have. I love helping people and I do so as often as possible. I'm a good dude trust me.
šŸ˜‚

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Ok, bye bye. I'm tapping oit. I hope stay as pleasant as you are.
external-content.duckduckgo.com.gif