Commercial Stops

BrownDog5117

At PCM this morning, Business Development mentioned that in the near future we will be approaching commercial deliveries differently.

Apparently, they told us that we will enter the business, make eye contact, ask for a last name, and sign it ourselves. They said that it will hopefully "save some time on road".
So it looks like we are moving away from getting signatures at businesses. Not quite sure if we can necessarily just leave the packages without making contact with anyone because they were slightly vague about the whole thing. They did mention it will be rolling out nation-wide soon. Anyone hear about this?

It was funny though. After BD said this, their was a collective, "more stops on car..." by all of us drivers.

over9five

Staff member
It was funny though. After BD said this, their was a collective, "more stops on car..." by all of us drivers.
Gonna be a lot of route cutting going on. Think of it: You're not even going to have to ask for a name 99% of the time, you already know them!

Stop counts are going up up UP!!

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
At PCM this morning, Business Development mentioned that in the near future we will be approaching commercial deliveries differently.

Apparently, they told us that we will enter the business, make eye contact, ask for a last name, and sign it ourselves. They said that it will hopefully "save some time on road".
So it looks like we are moving away from getting signatures at businesses. Not quite sure if we can necessarily just leave the packages without making contact with anyone because they were slightly vague about the whole thing. They did mention it will be rolling out nation-wide soon. Anyone hear about this?

They already do this in Philly. It's called commercial inside release. They actually have the last three people who accepted packages last names in the board already. Basically just turning commercial stops into DR's, which means more stops per car.

Box Ox

Gonna be a lot of route cutting going on. Think of it: You're not even going to have to ask for a name 99% of the time, you already know them!

Stop counts are going up up UP!!

"Commercial route drivers who now have residential split stop counts will now be receiving complimentary second load shuttles year-round! You're welcome!"

E

el blanco

the dfu will be interesting

over9five

Staff member
They already do this in Philly. It's called commercial inside release. They actually have the last three people who accepted packages last names in the board already. Basically just turning commercial stops into DR's, which means more stops per car.

Definitely don't like that. Too easy for some lazy driver to just pick a name without talking to anyone.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why would it be more stops? You still have to find somebody? And if it's driver release, you still have to unload, etc. Most drivers after they been on a route a while know exactly where to hunt customers down.

40 and out

Why would it be more stops? You still have to find somebody? And if it's driver release, you still have to unload, etc. Most drivers after they been on a route a while know exactly where to hunt customers down.
Any change means more stops. Some brilliant IE person from his/her cubicle will determine that in an ideal world it will save 3 times as much time as it really does so 5 or 10 more stops for everyone.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Any change means more stops. Some brilliant IE person from his/her cubicle will determine that in an ideal world it will save 3 times as much time as it really does so 5 or 10 more stops for everyone.
Load on what you want. I do one stop at a time.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Lol. Prime example. Right here.

Deliver to Mikata Sushi Restaurant. Cover driver calls me with lol out the arse.

Last three names are:

Mikata
Sushi and
Lee

Omg.

I had a regular customer and it was a really Italian last name. After the third time I got embarrassed to ask again so I started writing pasta...rigatoni...alfredo...pesto..went on for a while until one day they called in for a missing package...sup thought it was hilarious

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I had a regular customer and it was a really Italian last name. After the third time I got embarrassed to ask again so I started writing pasta...rigatoni...alfredo...pesto..went on for a while until one day they called in for a missing package...sup thought it was hilarious

I once had a package that a girl named "Tits McGee" signed for! Didn't go over too well.....