Common overlooked time allowance credits

CHALLY9TX

You can also enter how many air pieces you unloaded once you return to the building. It's rarely used by drivers though.

Sent using BrownCafe App

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
After 28 years of delivering everyone has posted true valuable information . I have been told pickups and mileage create more time allowance. Record all stops including each apt stop all overweight(over 70) as special and go as fast as you can delivering not driving. Try and break your hour lunch to a half hour this will help later on in the day unless you have that time before pickups. Run your air first going thru the route twice unless Orion is holding you back.

JackStraw

Our preload is rarely wrapped. We are told to code off 10 mins daily as an "Approved AM Meeting". Sups will mention something about safety and this apparently constitutes a "Safety Meeting" But we'll fire you for dishonesty on something else though.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
All kinds of ways to bring up your allowance. I always deliver to beach houses, if I bring it up the stairs its always 2nd floor. I run my miles up doing pickups instead of calling them, of course within the 15 minute window allowed. If start time is 9am and we have a pcm at 9 I code it out 15 min approved meeting, that's 25 clicks right there your getting. Over 70,s too. We don't have Orion yet so my area is so spread out a lot of times ill run my irregs and airs first instead of starting at start of route. But you have to be able to connect the dots sorta speak which means if your going to run that stuff and backtrack to start of route, you have to be productive and deliver stuff as your backtracking to the top of the route. If your not being productive on way back and theres a big time gap with no delivering and lots of miles then you make it look to obvious and you will be up in the office for being shady. Theres lots of ways to look good on paper which also keeps you off the radar, which is what you want to do anyhow. Jobs a lot less stressful when your off the radar. Do I really care about their numbers? No I know their fake, but at same time ill play Hollywood and stay off the radar. THE JOB IS A MIND GAME AND THE SOONER YOU KNOW AND UNDERSTAND HOW ITS PLAYED THE BETTER OFF YOU ARE. WORD lol.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Our preload is rarely wrapped. We are told to code off 10 mins daily as an "Approved AM Meeting". Sups will mention something about safety and this apparently constitutes a "Safety Meeting" But we'll fire you for dishonesty on something else though.
I always tell them they are free to edit my timecard and add any meeting time they wish, but I'm not going to do it for them if no meeting took place. I just put my left building time in and if they dont like what shows up on their report its their problem not mine.

Overpaid Union Thug

I have always put the floor numbers for apartments/upstairs commercial stops under "room number" because I was trained to because it can put customers or shippers at ease that are tracking their packages. Not for any time allowance. The following are the only things I will manually enter and only because I either know for sure we get an allowance for them or simply for accountability....

-How many over 70s I deliver under special counts while the stop is still open.
-The amount of pieces that are transferred to/from my truck whenever meeting a driver to transfer/receive more stops.
-How many gallons of fuel I put in the truck (which helps our OMS figure out when to request a fuel truck come for a refill) plus pump number or "99" if it's offsite.

I don't do any of these things to inflate my bonus (which I rarely get anyway) or out of fear of not meeting managements imaginary numbers. I do it for accountability. Accounting for anything the DIAD will legitimately allow plus telematics makes it very hard for some desk jockey, that is out to get someone because he/she just got belittled on the morning conference call, to claim I'm stealing time. Plus, our on car has experimented with our timecards and knows what affects our time. He, like most on cars, worry about routes on lighter days planning. He has gone in the computer and manually entered some of these things in drivers' timecards and then taken them back out to see whether or not they affect how the routes planned. He has made routes go for planning 7.89 hours to over 8. Do I care? No but if I can do these simple things to keep some desk jockey off my back I will most certainly take a few seconds to enter them in the DIAD.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Drivers have also been fired for falsifying mileage. Having starting miles less than the ending miles of the same vehicle from the day before. That is automatically flagged and shows on a report if it occurs.

This most commonly happens when they round up to end the day and round down to start the previous day. This is another reason I write the ending mileage on the DVIR every day.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Address corrections in the diad are a 3 min allowance. At least that is what I was told. You may not see much with a onsey, twosey.... here and there but take advantage of those bulk stops with incorrect addresses.
Apartment floors do add to your allowances. We have a town full of college apartments with no elevators. We have a guy that can bonus nearly 2 hours on 200+ stops. He takes advantage of the floor allowances while others who do that same route barely scratch. I think you need to do ALOT of apartments to see a real increase in paid day.

oldngray

nowhere special
Address corrections in the diad are a 3 min allowance. At least that is what I was told. You may not see much with a onsey, twosey.... here and there but take advantage of those bulk stops with incorrect addresses.
Apartment floors do add to your allowances. We have a town full of college apartments with no elevators. We have a guy that can bonus nearly 2 hours on 200+ stops. He takes advantage of the floor allowances while others who do that same route barely scratch. I think you need to do ALOT of apartments to see a real increase in paid day.

It depends on the time study for that area whether there is an extra allowance for apartments. And I never heard of any time allowance for address corrections.