Common overlooked time allowance credits

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Their numbers are their numbers and their problem. Fair day's work for a fair day's pay. When you realize that and they see you realize it life gets much easier.

Agreed. Though IF their is an allowance for something why not make sure you take it.
I don't know how many times that I have had 70+ and not taken the allowance for it. Easily slips my mind
Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
Agreed. Though IF their is an allowance for something why not make sure you take it.
I don't know how many times that I have had 70+ and not taken the allowance for it. Easily slips my mind
Sent using BrownCafe App

Its awkward to enter the over 70 deliveries because you need to go to special counts and you can't edit and add it later if you stop complete first. So forgetting is very common.

oldngray

nowhere special
Exactly...the only numbers that matter are the ones on our paychecks.
oh-look-a-penny_o_1906081.jpg

By The Book

I thought special counts were only for pickups? What about delivering over 70 packages?
Scan package, your now in address field, now hit special counts key, enter number of over seventies here, then hit big arrow down and finish the stop. You can also scan everything, hit big arrow up and then enter the number of over seventies, then finish the stop.

By The Book

I thought special counts were only for pickups? What about delivering over 70 packages?
Scan package, your now in address field, now hit special counts key, enter number of over seventies here, then hit big arrow down and finish the stop. You can also scan everything, hit big arrow up and then enter the number of over seventies, then finish the stop.

AKCoverMan

I've always wondered why you can't add over 70s special counts in edit mode if you stop complete to fast. But I don't lose too much sleep over it.

The way I see it, the amount of time I need to run any given route on any given day is always exactly thirty minutes less than my paid hours for the day. The thirty minutes are my two paid breaks.

So I am scratch everyday in my book!

unnormaldude68

I've never actually entered breaks other than lunch into the DIAD before. Should I be doing that and does it really matter? I doubt we get an extra 30 min allowed if we log it in.

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
When I was a driver I learned fairly quickly not to worry about their time allowances. As was stated here already,their numbers are their problem. Can't get busted for not taking any time allowances right? I just entered what I knew would help the customer if they had to track their package. If management complained about my time, I would just challenge them to do the the route the way I did it (very few complaints service failures, ect.)they would usually leave me alone after that. Hit the re-set button of course for when a new on car sup. came on board!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Address corrections in the diad are a 3 min allowance. At least that is what I was told. You may not see much with a onsey, twosey.... here and there but take advantage of those bulk stops with incorrect addresses.
Apartment floors do add to your allowances. We have a town full of college apartments with no elevators. We have a guy that can bonus nearly 2 hours on 200+ stops. He takes advantage of the floor allowances while others who do that same route barely scratch. I think you need to do ALOT of apartments to see a real increase in paid day.
200 stops means he's running too many stops. Freak that garbage lol

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Sent using BrownCafe App
On average most routes get like 1 or 2 over 70s a day, if that (granted some routes vary) and the guy I talked to about 6 months ago who was doing a time study said the over 70 allowance was down to only about 40 seconds. The time it takes to change the screens and enter it is at like 5 seconds so for me it's simply not worth entering, even if I did care about their numbers.

unnormaldude68

Kind of off topic, maybe not since it adds time allowance, but i noticed someone in here mentioned address corrections. I have no idea what this is and was not included in my training. I have seen notes in the board saying no address corrections. Could someone be kind enough to explain what this is and when/how to do it please?

Kind of off topic, maybe not since it adds time allowance, but i noticed someone in here mentioned address corrections. I have no idea what this is and was not included in my training. I have seen notes in the board saying no address corrections. Could someone be kind enough to explain what this is and when/how to do it please?
Lets say the package goes to 123 Elm st.
But the correct address is 135 Elm st.

You type in the correct address,then hit address correction.

It will ask you ,to put in the (bad address) then ask for the customer or business name.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Lets say the package goes to 123 Elm st.
But the correct address is 135 Elm st.

You type in the correct address,then hit address correction.

It will ask you ,to put in the (bad address) then ask for the customer or business name.
UPS charges them for add corr, I dont think it gives us any time.

unnormaldude68

Oh I see...in the past when that happens I just delivered it to the correct address and then in remarks "Del to 135 Elm"...Why do they not teach us this stuff?