Complaint.

Tortuga

I AM THE MiLKMAN
So as I was entering a cul de sac I saw some kids waved hi made a u-turn and slowed down again to tell them hi once more since they were still waving. I pull over to my next stop and a black truck pulls up in front of me. As I get out my package car this guy starts cussing me out & gets in my face telling me I need to slow the :censored2: down and I could’ve kill those kids. I told him “sir I’ve been going the speed limit And I saw those kids, I even waved hi to them. There’s no way I’d be speeding while making a u-turn” He then told me “just because you’re going the speed limit doesn’t mean it’s safe.” Then he takes pictures of my package car and tells me he’ll be calling in a complaint. I’m just wondering if this could get me DQ’d? I’m on day 26 of my packet.

UnionGuy

Geez, I would've gone off on the guy. While you can get complaints while in your 30 days, I doubt they will DQ you for that. If it was in the 396 area, please send me the location of where it happened and the make and model of the truck.

Tortuga

I AM THE MiLKMAN
Geez, I would've gone off on the guy. While you can get complaints while in your 30 days, I doubt they will DQ you for that. If it was in the 396 area, please send me the location of where it happened and the make and model of the truck.
I honestly wanted to knock him out. He got in my face with no face mask and sort of put up his hands. I just didn’t want to risk anything on my 30 days. Lol

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Had a guy yell at me for blocking the street once and later on ended up going to his house for a delivery. Ni1’d and nxa’d it to an access point far away.

542thruNthru

So as I was entering a cul de sac I saw some kids waved hi made a u-turn and slowed down again to tell them hi once more since they were still waving. I pull over to my next stop and a black truck pulls up in front of me. As I get out my package car this guy starts cussing me out & gets in my face telling me I need to slow the * down and I could’ve kill those kids. I told him “sir I’ve been going the speed limit And I saw those kids, I even waved hi to them. There’s no way I’d be speeding while making a u-turn” He then told me “just because you’re going the speed limit doesn’t mean it’s safe.” Then he takes pictures of my package car and tells me he’ll be calling in a complaint. I’m just wondering if this could get me DQ’d? I’m on day 26 of my packet.
As long as you we going the speed limit or under you should be fine. You might want to also let your On Road know that a customer chased you down and how he acted. Get your side of the story out first.
I honestly wanted to knock him out. He got in my face with no face mask and sort of put up his hands. I just didn’t want to risk anything on my 30 days. Lol
You did the right thing. During your 30 days you want to act like a meek kid that will do every little thing he's told and doesn't argue.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Happens all the time dude, get used to it
You learn to slow way down in tight resie areas just to avoid these scenarios
I got a complaint called in on me for going “like 30” down a private dirt road, kicking dirt onto some ladies flowers
I was still new so they checked telematics and I was going 13-15 all the way down
Speed limit’s 20
Lol

As long as you we going the speed limit or under you should be fine. You might want to also let your On Road know that a customer chased you down and how he acted. Get your side of the story out first.

You did the right thing. During your 30 days you want to act like a meek kid that will do every little thing he's told and doesn't argue.
Anytime you're getting videotaped let your supervisor know

SaladTosser

Kill me now
Same thing happened to me when I was qualifying. Someone called a speeding complaint and they checked telematics and I was definitely not speeding. Just another Karen trying to feel important.

quad decade guy

So as I was entering a cul de sac I saw some kids waved hi made a u-turn and slowed down again to tell them hi once more since they were still waving. I pull over to my next stop and a black truck pulls up in front of me. As I get out my package car this guy starts cussing me out & gets in my face telling me I need to slow the * down and I could’ve kill those kids. I told him “sir I’ve been going the speed limit And I saw those kids, I even waved hi to them. There’s no way I’d be speeding while making a u-turn” He then told me “just because you’re going the speed limit doesn’t mean it’s safe.” Then he takes pictures of my package car and tells me he’ll be calling in a complaint. I’m just wondering if this could get me DQ’d? I’m on day 26 of my packet.
Could it? Yes. Will it? Records will show if you are going at or under the speed limit. Do they(mgt.) like you? Apparently the civilian doesn't(UPS). He probably hates UPS for some reason. You have to consider LOT'S of UPS drivers speed-on the yard, work zones and yes residential neighborhoods. The previous UPS guy may have been like some on BC that actually encourage illegal, dangerous behavior. You didn't but you may be paying the price.

barnyard

KTM rider
"You can certainly call UPS and let them know. Every second of my day is tracked and I will be disciplined if I was speeding. When you call in, be sure to tell them my name, LeRoy Jenkins."

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You act like you have zero idea of what that clown was talking about.

SandSpida

I was delivering airs one morning down a resi street, all kids were already in school, might of been doing 25 or so down a pretty wide street houses on both sides. This lady starts crossing the road with her dog about 100 yards ahead of me and stops in the middle of the road. I figure she has a question about a delivery, she wants to tell me that I’m going too fast. I just nodded my head and said ok. As she starts to walk away from my truck I wait for her to clear and gunned it all the way down the remainder of the road. She almost snapped her own neck when she turned her head to see me hauling ass out of there. People here our loud trucks and just assume we are speeding.

Whither

Scofflaw
A few weeks after winning my route a woman stepped in front of my pkg car to yell at me for 'reckless speeding' and 'endangering' her kids. "DON'T YOU SEE THERE ARE ******** CHILDREN PLAYING HERE!" (lol) I grinned and replied "You're more than welcome to file a complaint, my name is ------ ------ and my truck number is listed in yellow on the side. See? It's ------. The number to call is 1-800-PICK-UPS. I'd offer you a pen and paper except for Covid. But I've gotta say: I saw your kids half a block away, the posted speed limit on this street is 25 and I know I was barely going 20. You should be aware that the company tracks not only our speed but our every movement, so they will be able to tell that your complaint doesn't hold water." She had a few more choice words for me then backed off. "Have a nice day!" I didn't bother to call a supe or send a message to the center. Never heard a word about it.

That said. It's good to genuflect when you're still trying to get the job. Sounds like you're almost there, godspeed.

Last edited: