Anyone purchasing UPS Stock via Payroll?

teeitupmo

if you got the opportunity do a Roth, a 401k, stock, bonds. Do them all if you got the money. You can never have enough investments. You just have to balance your money out.
Yep. I agree. UPS is just a great part-time job for me. That weekly paycheck is important, don't want to cut into too much of that.

I will do the stock purchase plan and 401K, that's probably it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yep. I agree. UPS is just a great part-time job for me. That weekly paycheck is important, don't want to cut into too much of that.

I will do the stock purchase plan and 401K, that's probably it.

As a PTer you should choose one or the other-----doing both would limit how much you can defer to either.

Try contributing up to 5% to your Roth 401k first to see if you are still able to pay your bills and have some money left over.

teeitupmo

As a PTer you should choose one or the other-----doing both would limit how much you can defer to either.

Try contributing up to 5% to your Roth 401k first to see if you are still able to pay your bills and have some money left over.

I should know this, but sadly I don't. Does UPS match a percentage of employee's 401 contributions?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do you have to be a union member for them to do that?

Do you think it right that you receive a benefit that you did not pay toward?

I may not be a Joe Union but even I know that it wouldn't be right to benefit from something that you did not contribute to.

The only time that I would agree that you need not join the union is if you are a college student who will only be working here while going to school or someone who knows for a fact that they will be only working here less than 5 years.

Do you think it right that you receive a benefit that you did not pay toward?

I may not be a Joe Union but even I know that it wouldn't be right to benefit from something that you did not contribute to.

The only time that I would agree that you need not join the union is if you are a college student who will only be working here while going to school or someone who knows for a fact that they will be only working here less than 5 years.
They should also lower what a part timer pays.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Brownslave suggested I sell at $130.
And that was the right move at the time. From May of 2015 when I told you to sell until Feburary of this year it was below $130.

You could of sold it then. Bought oil stocks while they were tanking. Sold them when they rebounded big time this winter. Then bought back Apple and gotten about 100 extra shares.

Now I'd hold Apple because the iPhone 8 is probably gonna be a huge seller. But 8-12 months from now is probably gonna be another good time to sell on the spike up.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And that was the right move at the time. From May of 2015 when I told you to sell until Feburary of this year it was below $130.

You could of sold it then. Bought oil stocks while they were tanking. Sold them when they rebounded big time this winter. Then bought back Apple and gotten about 100 extra shares.

Now I'd hold Apple because the iPhone 8 is probably gonna be a huge seller. But 8-12 months from now is probably gonna be another good time to sell on the spike up.

I will be selling in 8-12 months, but not for the reason(s) that you gave. I will be retiring and rolling my 401k over to my Edward Jones account and, in order to do that, I will have to liquidate any stock holdings that I have at the time.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I will be selling in 8-12 months, but not for the reason(s) that you gave. I will be retiring and rolling my 401k over to my Edward Jones account and, in order to do that, I will have to liquidate any stock holdings that I have at the time.

Why? Why not convert to class B and transfer to your Ed Jones account? Your Ed Jones guy will/should do ALL the leg work for you! Why commit yourself to selling at a specific time when you can just transfer and sell when you choose to at a market price you want?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why? Why not convert to class B and transfer to your Ed Jones account? Your Ed Jones guy will/should do ALL the leg work for you! Why commit yourself to selling at a specific time when you can just transfer and sell when you choose to at a market price you want?

I didn't realize Apple had different classes for their stock.