Anyone purchasing UPS Stock via Payroll?

ManInBrown

I just started with the stock a year ago and have about 15 shares. With the reinvesting the dividends I only get a check a few times a year for maybe 15 or 20 bucks. I'm assuming the reinvesting only makes a big difference when you're getting a bigger check?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I just started with the stock a year ago and have about 15 shares. With the reinvesting the dividends I only get a check a few times a year for maybe 15 or 20 bucks. I'm assuming the reinvesting only makes a big difference when you're getting a bigger check?
it all adds up and 15 to 20 bucks every 3 months isn't going to be noticed if you reinvest

It's like compounding interest. Do it long enough and it can add up.

brett636

I started purchasing UPS Stock through the DESPP back in 2003 when I was part time. As already stated the discount back then was 10% of the lowest stock price on either the first or last day of the quarter. Its now 5% off the price of the last day of the quarter and has a 2 year hold which was put in place to force us to keep the stock rather than just sell it and take the instant gain on our money. I have yet to sell any of my stock and continue to purchase it to this day. Right now I am at $30 a week and will probably leave it there for the foreseeable future. Basically a little less than one hour of my time per week is used to buy stock at a slight discount and I reinvest the dividends as well. I sometimes question if I could do better with that money elsewhere, but its not a lot per week and its fun to watch the dividends grow every year so I have left it alone. Maybe one day I will cash in all my stock and put the money into some mutual fund investments, but for now I will continue buying.

teeitupmo

I do ten bucks a week
I was planning to do that to start with. But, fine print makes it sound like you can take changes, other than via HR, if you desire another amount.

I can't get an answer as to whether the payroll deduction is before or after taxes.

upschuck

Depends on why you are buying the stock, but a better plan would be to purchase it in a Roth IRA, that way everything is tax free.