Concealed carry

Soserius

I know we are not allowed to have concealed weapons on company property, but a coworker from a different terminal had brought up a good point. At the gates before you enter most terminals it reads "no illegal firearms beyond this point". And at most terminals before you enter the building it reads " no firearms beyond this point". Well, we haul firearms and ammo so I think that's why it says "no illegal firearms". Well, my firearm is not illegal. It is registered and i possess a license to carry it. I know we aren't allowed to carry in federal buildings and that also includes federal vehicle.I just don't think it's fair to not be able to protect ourselves, especially when we haul firearms and raw drugs for hospitals. We are a target, like many of us, are on the road 6 days a week in multiple states. We should be able to protect ourselves, not just on our day off. People say it's not worth getting fired for, but are they saying that if they had to pull out a weapon in self defense, that they would rather have there job and not there life? Although I follow the rules, I still know that I would rather be alive and defending myself in court, rather than keeping my job and being dead.

bbsam

Staff member
I know we are not allowed to have concealed weapons on company property, but a coworker from a different terminal had brought up a good point. At the gates before you enter most terminals it reads "no illegal firearms beyond this point". And at most terminals before you enter the building it reads " no firearms beyond this point". Well, we haul firearms and ammo so I think that's why it says "no illegal firearms". Well, my firearm is not illegal. It is registered and i possess a license to carry it. I know we aren't allowed to carry in federal buildings and that also includes federal vehicle.I just don't think it's fair to not be able to protect ourselves, especially when we haul firearms and raw drugs for hospitals. We are a target, like many of us, are on the road 6 days a week in multiple states. We should be able to protect ourselves, not just on our day off. People say it's not worth getting fired for, but are they saying that if they had to pull out a weapon in self defense, that they would rather have there job and not there life? Although I follow the rules, I still know that I would rather be alive and defending myself in court, rather than keeping my job and being dead.
Good luck in your job hunt.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I always carried a weapon when I went to the Bay area of California in feeders, especially in Oakland . Going to the airport there at night I did not stop at the red lights. Just slowed , looked both ways fast and kept it rolling.

They just did not know I carried. Nothing bad ever happened ( a few close calls ) so never became an issue. Probably would have been fired maybe but would still be alive.

10 point

I was told by someone in Hr that the company lost a multimillion dollar lawsuit in federal court when they fired a feeder driver for having a rifle lawfully displayed in the rear window of his pickup truck in the company parking lot.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I always carried a weapon when I went to the Bay area of California in feeders, especially in Oakland . Going to the airport there at night I did not stop at the red lights. Just slowed , looked both ways fast and kept it rolling.

They just did not know I carried. Nothing bad ever happened ( a few close calls ) so never became an issue. Probably would have been fired maybe but would still be alive.

This is the biggest lie you've told yet. There is no way you carried a gun on a ups feeder and still had a job.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

What would @BrownCubster say about this?

You need the kinda job where you work for yourself. Then you can call all the shots. It sounds like you have delivery experience so you could start your own delivery company.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

You have a valid point.

The company should take notice of your concern.

Good luck in your job hunt.

That may not be good enough if it is UPS property and subject to search.

UPS cannot "search" employee vehicles.

They aren't law enforcement.

Maybe you let them ?

After all.... you were fired for drug use.

Druggies don't make the best decisions.

I always carried a weapon when I went to the Bay area of California in feeders, especially in Oakland.

This is the biggest lie you've told yet. There is no way you carried a gun on a ups feeder and still had a job.

I "almost" find this plausible.

In Oakland.... after the riots....

although I don't blame her one bit for doing so

olroadbeech, has some good stories.

Validation.... is the key. :biggrin:

-Bug-

bbsam

Staff member
UPS cannot "search" employee vehicles.

They aren't law enforcement

Not sure if they need law enforcement if it is their own property. If the suspect an employee has stolen property from them, so you think law enforcement is called before or after they search said vehicle?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
If you carried a gun all it would take would be one hater employee to call you out and it would be an instant termination.

Every one used to say that you never stopped for red lights downtown Chicago. I imagine it was the same in the bad parts of California