Concealed carry

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Not sure if they need law enforcement if it is their own property. If the suspect an employee has stolen property from them, so you think law enforcement is called before or after they search said vehicle?

They would not be allowed to enter your car. They would need to call law enforcement . Only if they can clearly see a pistol. A rifle is not a concealed weapon. The law enforcement can ck and ck if you are licensed. Or in say nyc. Where all guns are illegal to possess. Except for criminals of course

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
You have a valid point.

The company should take notice of your concern.

UPS cannot "search" employee vehicles.

They aren't law enforcement.

Maybe you let them ?

After all.... you were fired for drug use.

Druggies don't make the best decisions.

I "almost" find this plausible.

In Oakland.... after the riots....

olroadbeech, has some good stories.

Validation.... is the key. :biggrin:

-Bug-
I don't care if you believe me or not. have you ever been in Oakland at 3 o'clock in the morning? you don't stop for anything. I had a guy jump up on my step while almost at a stop at a light and told me to pull over. I pointed the gun at him and he jumped off. this was around 1981 or 82. years before I worked for UPS.

and I NEVER told anyone at work that I carried . and I am sure i wasnt the only one. lots of drivers carried other weapons like ball bats, bump bars, and pepper spray or mace. they spoke of that but no one was stupid enough to admit to carrying a firearm.

there must be other bay area drivers here that can back me up. most bay area drivers are pretty tough themselves. how about the Sanfrancisco hub that has all those homeless people roaming around at night? it can be more than frightening to break up a set around 3-4 oclock in the morning. the shifters are around but not always. I hated going there.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I don't care if you believe me or not. have you ever been in Oakland at 3 o'clock in the morning? you don't stop for anything. I had a guy jump up on my step while almost at a stop at a light and told me to pull over. I pointed the gun at him and he jumped off. this was around 1981 or 82. years before I worked for UPS.

and I NEVER told anyone at work that I carried . and I am sure i wasnt the only one. lots of drivers carried other weapons like ball bats, bump bars, and pepper spray or mace. they spoke of that but no one was stupid enough to admit to carrying a firearm.

there must be other bay area drivers here that can back me up. most bay area drivers are pretty tough themselves. how about the Sanfrancisco hub that has all those homeless people roaming around at night? it can be more than frightening to break up a set around 3-4 oclock in the morning. the shifters are around but not always. I hated going there.
Like all your other made up stories, you never carried a gun in a ups feeder.

I'm sure you carried one in your independent contractor tractor that you probably have still to this day.

Tell us all the story again about how you drove through a snowstorm and couldn't see the road. So you kept going and you're the only feeder that made it that they called you "king of the road".

That's a good one

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

I wanna here more stripper stories

jaker

trolling
Bad advice. It's not allowed on ups property. This means the parking my lot. If you don't believe me tell your manager you keep one in your car and you will be terminated.
So ups cares about what's in your car but doesn't care if your car gets stolen , broken into or damage on their property

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
So ups cares about what's in your car but doesn't care if your car gets stolen , broken into or damage on their property

In my experience, UPS will absolutely declare the parking lot is their property when it involves theft/drug possession/etc by an employee or professional conduct issues. Then they'll run the other direction when someone's car gets vandalized or something is stolen by a non-employee wherein they might be considered liable.

Your mileage may vary.

All that being said, bringing a firearm on property and especially into a company vehicle would be a great way to start looking for a new job. A package car driver with a CCP strolling into a secure government building, military base, etc. or a feeder driver to an airport would be a PR/legal nightmare.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
We had a feeder driver in my building that had a conceal carry license. He left his weapon hidden in his personal truck in the employee parking lot. Our building was in a real bad part of town. Someone broke into his truck and stole his pistol. He told management and they didn't really say anything to him about it. Hardly a week goes by that there isn't a break in on that parking lot. We had a female employee that was robbed at gunpoint walking to her vehicle. She was so traumatized, she never came back to work. We have security guards, but they very seldom come out of the air conditioned guard shack.

rod

Retired 22 years
It used to be no problem if the kids (or for that matter anybody) kept their rifles in their vehicles during deer hunting. Not so much anymore.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I always carried a weapon when I went to the Bay area of California in feeders, especially in Oakland . Going to the airport there at night I did not stop at the red lights. Just slowed , looked both ways fast and kept it rolling.

They just did not know I carried. Nothing bad ever happened ( a few close calls ) so never became an issue. Probably would have been fired maybe but would still be alive.
Pretty interesting that Oakland now is getting overspill from San Francisco who are flocking there in droves for the "cheaper" rents and such...all of these tech junkies... Before you know it the area will be as costly to live than sf, mill valley, etc....the thugs won't have anywhere to go

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Bad advice. It's not allowed on ups property. This means the parking my lot. If you don't believe me tell your manager you keep one in your car and you will be terminated.
Depends on your state's gun laws.
There are laws some places that specifically allow guns in your vehicle whether the property owner/employer prohibits them or not.

Returntosender

In my experience, UPS will absolutely declare the parking lot is their property when it involves theft/drug possession/etc by an employee or professional conduct issues. Then they'll run the other direction when someone's car gets vandalized or something is stolen by a non-employee wherein they might be considered liable.

Your mileage may vary.

All that being said, bringing a firearm on property and especially into a company vehicle would be a great way to start looking for a new job. A package car driver with a CCP strolling into a secure government building, military base, etc. or a feeder driver to an airport would be a PR/legal nightmare.
Some parking properties are leased.

10 point

A FedEx (air) driver on my area worked in Detroit, Mi and Toledo, Oh. He said their gun policy is the same as ours but many of them carry because he personally was robbed three times at gun point picking up letter boxes and they've had their trucks shot through as they drove down the street.
One DM told me that we are a "nonviolent" company so no guns were allowed on their property. "You can always file a grievance if you get accosted in a bad part of town" was his suggested recourse.
I should've asked him to do a safety ride with a driver in those areas when it was hot outside. He'd have to change his underwear. Twelve people were shot, six were stabbed, and two banks were robbed multiple times in just a few weeks time on the one area we serviced.
We've got some brave desk sitters calling the "shots".

Soserius

They would not be allowed to enter your car. They would need to call law enforcement . Only if they can clearly see a pistol. A rifle is not a concealed weapon. The law enforcement can ck and ck if you are licensed. Or in say nyc. Where all guns are illegal to possess. Except for criminals of course
I'm wondering if I got the NRA interested in looking into being able to keep firearms in our personal vehicles. I have a gun safe that secures to my personal vehicle. And our parking lot is not behind a gate. My terminal is in KY. Not nearly as dangerous as many of yall drivers there in California. I know how it is there, I was born in Ventura. Still not nearly as dangerous! But we do go to dangerous areas. I also know we drive through states that we are not allowed to carry in, like Illinois for example. I'm sure after the next president gets in office, things will change for better or worse. But I won't get into politics. That's a different forum