Conflicts on the clock

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
lets Hear some stories you’ve had while delivering, with customers or just randoms on the route.

I’m sure @scooby0048 will win this thread.

There are quite a few that made me laugh, some I felt bad about like maybe I instigated things, some that pisssed me off because I did nothing wrong at all but should have, and others that just made me say WTF.

The three that are my absolute favorites are:

#1 The guy who tried to run me over. I had this one stop and the guy got these cases of Ensure from the VA. I guess you were supposed to leave the cases by the curb so he could load them in the car and drive them to the storage shed. Didn't know that. Brought all 7 cases of them up the hill to the front door because I was feeling like being nice that day. Dude starts blasting me and saying they needed to go back on the curb. I told him I was not hauling those back down there. He continued demanding that I move them. Nope, I left.

A short time later I see him cruising around the streets real slow. He passes me going the opposite way screaming out the window, flipping me off. He turns around and starts all over when I was getting the next stop done. I cross the road to do a few on the opposite side. Guy made another u-turn up the road drives real slow yelling and pointing at me. Then it happens...He motions for me to cross the street... so I did. He revs the engine to....scare me? IDK but he drives super slow and aims the car towards me as I was crossing and stops just before hitting the side of the package car. Now the best part.

He puts the car in reverse and backs away from me and the package car then he puts the car in drive and aims at the package car again. It was super scary because he was probably going 6-7mph. He stops just before hitting the package car again. He backs up again and into a driveway then drives away screaming and yelling. He struck a parked car just down the road. I'm sure that just sent him over the edge.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Have u been shot at?
The one time I had a lady tell me I was lucky I didn’t get shot I was with a sup lol. I had forgot all about that one.

Building looked something like this but with individual walk thru doors for each overhead. They were all businesses.
4747A5D7-C172-4C69-9C6D-A7407CDB2CE9.jpeg

Sup and I walk up to the door and it’s locked but there’s a couple cars outside. So my sup rattles the door handle. Old lady throws the door open “what the :censored2: do you want!!!! You’re lucky I didn’t shoot your asses.”

Sup: sorry ma’am everywhere around here is a business. Do you live her?

Old lady: it’s none of your GD business what I do here I pay rent and what I do is my business. Now get the hell out of here.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There are quite a few that made me laugh, some I felt bad about like maybe I instigated things, some that pisssed me off because I did nothing wrong at all but should have, and others that just made me say WTF.

The three that are my absolute favorites are:

#1 The guy who tried to run me over. I had this one stop and the guy got these cases of Ensure from the VA. I guess you were supposed to leave the cases by the curb so he could load them in the car and drive them to the storage shed. Didn't know that. Brought all 7 cases of them up the hill to the front door because I was feeling like being nice that day. Dude starts blasting me and saying they needed to go back on the curb. I told him I was not hauling those back down there. He continued demanding that I move them. Nope, I left.

A short time later I see him cruising around the streets real slow. He passes me going the opposite way screaming out the window, flipping me off. He turns around and starts all over when I was getting the next stop done. I cross the road to do a few on the opposite side. Guy made another u-turn up the road drives real slow yelling and pointing at me. Then it happens...He motions for me to cross the street... so I did. He revs the engine to....scare me? IDK but he drives super slow and aims the car towards me as I was crossing and stops just before hitting the side of the package car. Now the best part.

He puts the car in reverse and backs away from me and the package car then he puts the car in drive and aims at the package car again. It was super scary because he was probably going 6-7mph. He stops just before hitting the package car again. He backs up again and into a driveway then drives away screaming and yelling. He struck a parked car just down the road. I'm sure that just sent him over the edge.
Ok that was hilarious.

I need to know what the other 2 are.

scooby0048

#2 The guy who wanted to fight me in the cargo area of the truck.
First year driving, Left LE under a year prior. I deliver to a strip type business that included a vet and oil change place. Parked closer to vet so I could deliver the boxes of food. In cargo area I hear outside some guy yelling at me to move my friend* truck. Kept doing what I was doing pay no mind to guy yelling. Guy enters truck and yells that better move my friend* truck or he will move it. I tell him it will move when I am done . He jumps in driver seat but cannot figure out the fob system.

Pissd off, he stands up and comes at me in the cargo area. I tell him if he enters the cargo area, it will be on like Donkey Kong and one of us will be leaving in an ambulance and one of us will be leaving in a cop car. Some people just don't get it...he grabbed me by the shirt and I was able to immediately counter with an wrist lock compliance technique. He tried to pull away and break free but couldn't. I got him out of the cargo area and he stepped off the truck. It must have made him think twice about starting more because he backed down and just started talking S* to me. He didn't scare me or anything like that but I closed the side door so I wouldn't have to deal with him. He got on the phone and called the cops.

Cops came heard both sides of story, saw video from vet office that showed him getting into truck. Sided with me. Asked me if I wanted to pursue charges. I declined and went on my merry way after calling the boss and letting her know what happened. She was surprised I didn't take a more aggressive stance. Meh...wasn't in the mood that day.

scooby0048

#3 The raging bull.
I even piss off animals sometimes. Got to this stop walked up only about 80 ft from truck. Never seen any animals when I pulled up so didn't get myself mentally prepared for anything. Making my way back to truck about 40ft from it, this gotdamned tank of a bull comes from around the house full speed charging at me. I hauled ass and made it back to the truck and got the side door closed. One problem...I dropped the DIAD about 4ft from the truck. Couldn't get back out because the bull was right there trying to figure out how to get me.

That friend* bull wouldn't move even though I laid on the horn, revved the engine, banged the window, and threw a water bottle at it. I finally had to make like a 20 point turn just so my driver door was positioned just over my DIAD. I was able to open the door slightly and reach down and grab the board. The bull didn't want no part of me doing anything and he actually rammed the side of the truck. I thought this MFer was going to puncture the side with his horns. Thankfully he got bored with that real quick and left me and the truck alone. I had to do another 20 point turn to get facing the right way so I could get the hell out of there.

MethodsMan

Had a guy curse me out on Christmas Eve in front of his little kid for double parking on a tight inner city street. He was dropping friend Bombs about me blocking the road for 30 seconds max and his kid was saying dad stop. I sat there with a smile and said, "Are you done yet?". He looked at me confused that I wasn't barking back. Then I said, "Merry Christmas" as I was driving off. I get back to the truck and my helper was shaking and nervous for some reason.

Tool bag would never do that to the garbage man.

Jackofnotrades

lets Hear some stories you’ve had while delivering, with customers or just randoms on the route.

Today, I was doing a daily p/u at a gas station and filling up. There was an accident on the main road so police diverted the flow of traffic through the gas station parking lot. I was walking inside and a truck hauls ass and accelerates straight my way...I had to run to avoid being hit. My arm hit the guys truck. He throws it in park, gets in my face and says “touch my truck again and I’ll :censored2: you up”. I told him he was lucky he didn’t run me over and he needed to slow the hell down...lots of words were exchanged and I told him to get the :censored2: out of my face or I would get the police over there. This isn’t the first time I have had an issue, so I’m sure many others have too.

Today, I was doing a daily p/u at a gas station and filling up. There was an accident on the main road so police diverted the flow of traffic through the gas station parking lot. I was walking inside and a truck hauls ass and accelerates straight my way...I had to run to avoid being hit. My arm hit the guys truck. He throws it in park, gets in my face and says “touch my truck again and I’ll :censored2: you up”. I told him he was lucky he didn’t run me over and he needed to slow the hell down...lots of words were exchanged and I told him to get the :censored2: out of my face or I would get the police over there. This isn’t the first time I have had an issue, so I’m sure many others have too.
You have to fill you own truck? No tanks at your hub?

Jackofnotrades

You’re right, I need to maintain my cool and professionalism in those cases..I think my PTSD kicks in and just gets the better of me, I am a very calm and cool person...when someone says “:censored2: You” or something along those lines, I lose my cool.
i am with you Bob. I struggle with it everyday. When I am told off and verbally bashed by customers I look on my arm with my M.O.S Insignia tattoo and the saying I am my brothers keeper, and just say to my self I have done enough fighting.. This battle not worth fighting and I move on