Congratulations to Local 100 Teamsters

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
They are a Website and a P.O. Box.

The owner, was a Teamster for 1 year.... in 1974.

Before that, he was pumping gas.

He listed it on a resume.

:biggrin:

Oh yeah.... and TDU's "princess" Sandy P....

She road that horse, and drove Local 805 into financial insolvency.

They had to be merged with Local 810 (who gave her a brief job).

She bailed on the Teamsters and got "hired" by another Union.

But.... you knew that.

Right ?
Yet TDU persists into their 5th decade, within a group you chastise for not voting in their own Union elections?

Who's creating the market for TDU's product?

DirtySouth

Stand Up Slate Wins in Cincinnati Local 100

If they have TDU's blessing.... they must be good ??

Don't you always tell members to run for union office if they have issues with their local?
They are a Website and a P.O. Box.

The owner, was a Teamster for 1 year.... in 1974.

Before that, he was pumping gas.

He listed it on a resume.

:biggrin:

Oh yeah.... and TDU's "princess" Sandy P....

She road that horse, and drove Local 805 into financial insolvency.

They had to be merged with Local 810 (who gave her a brief job).

She bailed on the Teamsters and got "hired" by another Union.

But.... you knew that.

Right ?

You bring up Sandy Pope and yet it was our big, beautiful ginger boy that won the presidency of a big Ohio local. She hasn't been relevant since what.. 2011?

For being little more than a website and a PO box, they helped in the effort to vote down a concessionary national contract that covers a quarter million Teamsters -- the largest collective bargaining agreement in the USA.

I've never been TDU and don't believe in the "union within a union" concept. But having to bring up Pope in a thread about Local 100 in Ohio is pretty damn funny.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Don't you always tell members to run for union office if they have issues with their local?

You bring up Sandy Pope and yet it was our big, beautiful ginger boy that won the presidency of a big Ohio local. She hasn't been relevant since what.. 2011?

For being little more than a website and a PO box, they helped in the effort to vote down a concessionary national contract that covers a quarter million Teamsters -- the largest collective bargaining agreement in the USA.

I've never been TDU and don't believe in the "union within a union" concept. But having to bring up Pope in a thread about Local 100 in Ohio is pretty damn funny.
I have said it repeatedly, I have no love or contempt for TDU.

....and like you am content in my singular membership as a Teamster.

That being said, I understand why TDU persists and I will continue to work towards it's obsolescence....and if they are what they claim to be, TDU would be good with that.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Weak and/or dishonest local representation is the root of most of the disgruntlement and makes other venues a "viable" option.

Honest representation is hard to put a value on because of the resolve it builds in normal, everyday hourly workers' minds and hearts.

Communication and transparency is the key to not losing members trust.

People will support their union if the union honestly supports them. This is pretty simple to grasp.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Bubble.jpg

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Yet TDU persists into their 5th decade, within a group you chastise for not voting in their own Union elections?

Who's creating the market for TDU's product?

I'm not sure that they have a product.

Myself and others, have seen firsthand the destruction they can cause.

My Local was basically "blackballed" at the panels for years because of it.

The other big question is.... how they are funded.

They can't be funded solely on "membership" dues or contributions.

Hence, the refusal to open their books to reveal their finances.

It's OK for them to scrutinize the IBT's finances, but won't do the same.

Seems quite hypocritical....

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
And I congratulate them for the time, money, and effort, to win a Local election.
-Bug-
We saw that the guys challenging the remaining incumbents in L908 reportedly won by at least a 40% margin with 45-50% of the eligible members returning a ballot.
People want change so it's time to put action to the outrage.