Consolidation Rumors - On Topic

happyman2018

Get rid of management and replace them with technology?
We keep kicking the can down the road with our contracts. Pass on the problems to the next generation. The difference between UPS and it competition is they are non-union and we are not. We are handcuffed when it comes to flexibility items and they are not. Our union work force thinks they should not pay a dime for benefits and theirs have no benefits. Our management is in line financially with them, in fact amazon pays more. So is the problem management or an inflexible union employee?

We keep kicking the can down the road with our contracts. Pass on the problems to the next generation. The difference between UPS and it competition is they are non-union and we are not. We are handcuffed when it comes to flexibility items and they are not. Our union work force thinks they should not pay a dime for benefits and theirs have no benefits. Our management is in line financially with them, in fact amazon pays more. So is the problem management or an inflexible union employee?
the financial guru at UPS agreed to the contract in place. Somehow the keep making record profits, raise the dividends and refuse to fix the real peoblepr here.b

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
You don’t sound like a happyman.

happyman2018

the financial guru at UPS agreed to the contract in place. Somehow the keep making record profits, raise the dividends and refuse to fix the real peoblepr here.b
Yep and they are wrong. If it takes a work stoppage to take back the company than so be it. We need flexibility that the union will not give.

happyman2018

You don’t sound like a happyman.
I go to my happy place, but the contract pissed me off when I listen to the union complain about not wanting to pay a dime for benefits and not wanting to be flexible. Our competition is eating our lunch because they don’t have to beg to put run up or use PVD’s. Teamsters need to evolve with UPS or we will go out of business. Try collecting any type of pension from the teamsters without UPS.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I go to my happy place, but the contract :censored2: me off when I listen to the union complain about not wanting to pay a dime for benefits and not wanting to be flexible. Our competition is eating our lunch because they don’t have to beg to put run up or use PVD’s. Teamsters need to evolve with UPS or we will go out of business. Try collecting any type of pension from the teamsters without UPS.

I bet you give an inspiring PCM

Lmao

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I go to my happy place, but the contract :censored2: me off when I listen to the union complain about not wanting to pay a dime for benefits and not wanting to be flexible. Our competition is eating our lunch because they don’t have to beg to put run up or use PVD’s. Teamsters need to evolve with UPS or we will go out of business. Try collecting any type of pension from the teamsters without UPS.
Yeah ...
I worked for UPS for 40 years ... the last 35 in management and the last 19 in Corporate.
Don't believe all the UPS propaganda!
When UPS stops paying dividends, I'll buy the 'woe is me' tales.

happyman2018

I bet you give an inspiring PCM

Lmao
Yeah ...
I worked for UPS for 40 years ... the last 35 in management and the last 19 in Corporate.
Don't believe all the UPS propaganda!
When UPS stops paying dividends, I'll buy the 'woe is me' tales.
Your time in Corporate made you into a mini teamster who has no clue of the reality of life in a District. Hope you enjoyed the zumba classes in the cafeteria.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Your time in Corporate made you into a mini teamster who has no clue of the reality of life in a District. Hope you enjoyed the zumba classes in the cafeteria.
Take your hate filled spew and direct it to the fat cats running this company.
They are getting super rich while the people in the districts get nothing but one enhancement after the other.
There is no compassion at UPS anymore ... it might as well be run by the devil.
The work groups are the heart and soul of UPS and where the humanity lives.
I worked for United Parcel Service for 30 years and was proud to work for one of the best companies on Earth.
UPS is a shell of it's former grandeur. :wink2:

PS - This is negotiations 101 ... get your head outta your ass as trump would say.

happyman2018

They are getting super rich while the people in the districts get nothing but one enhancement after the other.
I worked for United Parcel Service for 30 years and was proud to work for one of the best companies on Earth.

PS - This is negotiations 101 ... get your head outta your ass as trump would say.
Where is the hate little buddy. My point is that UPS has its hands tied behind its back when it comes to competing with non-union competition like FEDEX and Amazon. It is not a sustainable business plan. That is my opinion and I have over 30 years, several districts, and numerous jobs at UPS. No hate. Just some jokes here and there.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Where is the hate little buddy.
My point is that UPS has its hands tied behind its back when it comes to competing with non-union competition like FEDEX and Amazon. It is not a sustainable business plan. That is my opinion and I have over 30 years, several districts, and numerous jobs at UPS. No hate. Just some jokes here and there.
Kudos ... hope you make it to retirement.

This is true

Peace Brother. :peaceful:

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Yep and they are wrong. If it takes a work stoppage to take back the company than so be it. We need flexibility that the union will not give.

Be careful for what you wish for. How did the work stoppage in l997 work for corporate?

Why waste your time, you and I it know it will never happen. The ground troops are running this company, those in the many Corporate levels are behind their desks looking good and amassing their fortunes. They continually raise our rates and surcharges and blaming it on those fat, lazy teamsters and pension and health and welfare costs. Yes, keep drinking that kool aid it will eat your soul.

If we do go out it will be a cause and effect over the total lack of concern that the Corporate has for their employee's well being and respect (union or non). Seriously most of the anger our there has been fostering for decades with the "let them eat cake" attitude from the elitist leadership for both sides.

Another issue with your closed shop solution is the continuing profit margins and tax breaks that were given this year. It will be real hard to justify such an action no matter how much spin you put on it. Also it will destroy the company and subject those you made the decision to criminal charges, trust me it would happen.

Retiree

Your previous post said you worked for UPS for 40 years, which is it?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

No offense, happyman.
UPS has beaten the living tar out of the delivery drivers for the last 5 years.
Every next year, worse. Every next month, worse. Every next week, worse.

You want the Teamsters to be flexible, yet you can't put down the whip for one damn day.
Every freaking day, you want that increased production because why, you pay us more than the other guys ??
I laugh everytime you 30 day heroes look at your employees like you could do a better job over a 30 year career.

There is nothing to be flexible about. Your employees have earned that money fair and square.
Trust me, this next contract is about the work conditions.
Do you really think IE is ever going to take their foot off the gas ?? No, me neither !!!

I guarantee Corporate will end up paying us a lot more this contract because they want to keep the status quo.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
The real problem is ignorance. Not of the inflexible union but of the close minded management that thinks their employees are to blame? Blame of what? Oh yeah, the record profits each and every year. How does that happen? I’ll tell it DOESNT happen by sitting in an office making sure you hit all your buckets. You’ve already tried to expand to a 70 hour work week. You’ve already expanded to a 6 day schedule. How much more “flexibility” does it take for you to realize that the problem is that management is so far removed on the basics of what we really provide for people. It’s a word called SERVICE. So at your PCM today, make sure you add another inroad to your employees day by giving them yet another flavor of the week useless task to perform while you sit inside your office until it’s time to chase missed. You want more flexibility? Good, cuz with every new task or new stop or new pickup, it’s gonna cost you. So bend over and touch those toes. You’ll be flexible.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
The real problem is ignorance. Not of the inflexible union but of the close minded management that thinks their employees are to blame? Blame of what? Oh yeah, the record profits each and every year. How does that happen? I’ll tell it DOESNT happen by sitting in an office making sure you hit all your buckets. You’ve already tried to expand to a 70 hour work week. You’ve already expanded to a 6 day schedule. How much more “flexibility” does it take for you to realize that the problem is that management is so far removed on the basics of what we really provide for people. It’s a word called SERVICE. So at your PCM today, make sure you add another inroad to your employees day by giving them yet another flavor of the week useless task to perform while you sit inside your office until it’s time to chase missed. You want more flexibility? Good, cuz with every new task or new stop or new pickup, it’s gonna cost you. So bend over and touch those toes. You’ll be flexible.

Those "buckets" equal real dollars$ so that is why you are asked to do what we ask you too. You are the employee as well as I am so shut your pie hole and do what you are asked. Leave drama at home. Want a real piece of the profit, come on over but I guess that is never going to happen as you can barely manage yourself let alone a group of men and women.

Service is only used by you when its convenient or for the sake of an argument.

Hope you have a better day then the way your Monday has started.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Those "buckets" equal real dollars$ so that is why you are asked to do what we ask you too. You are the employee as well as I am so shut your pie hole and do what you are asked. Leave drama at home. Want a real piece of the profit, come on over but I guess that is never going to happen as you can barely manage yourself let alone a group of men and women.

Service is only used by you when its convenient or for the sake of an argument.

Hope you have a better day then the way your Monday has started.
First they are your buckets, not mine. Second, your only a manager.
3rd, I’d never do your useless soon to be outsourced job (I’m sure you’ll get the email) ever.
Finally, when your buckets stop affecting other operations, then I’d understand. But then again, I make a boat load of cash when a manager cuts the preload early and your paying me $55 an hour to load a package car. Keep hittin those buckets!!