Consolidation Rumors - On Topic

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Ok... we know what kind of “big shot” you were back in the 80’s..... did he invite you to his promotion party???
I wasn't in the District and I was never a big shot and never will be.
A Big Shot requires desire to be one and I like flying way under the radar.
I always overachieved because no one had any expectations of me.

j13501

So, you think more management = successful peak ?

This should be good...

When we have a unsuccessful peak season, it's not the driver's fault. Management's job is to provide the planning, resources (cars, planes, additional drivers etc.) and accountability to deliver all the customers packages in a manner that meets the business plan for cost control and profitability. When this doesn't happen, it's management's fault.
So reducing management will not suddenly produce better planning, resources and accountability. Most likely, it will make these things worse, resulting in unhappy drivers, unhappy center level management people... and unhappy UPS investors.

tino1

If we go from 17 to 10 districts their will definitely be buyouts you won’t need two of everything. The staff functions would be impacted if the goal is to do more with less. I am just curious as to when this consolidation will occur if it happens.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
They are already moving people in their late 20’s and early 30’s into these upper level positions.... once we get deadwood like @Dragon out of here then the 22 year olds can move into these lower center manager positions....everything will be run on Twitter and Snapchat....everything will be fine. And If some of you older management folks are run out of town you can most definitely be hired on at amazon making much more money... its happening as we speak..

Making even more money in my "retirement job" hell ya, who do I contact?

tino1

Heard this week the buyout is only a rumor from several people in Atlanta. I know a few people who were waiting that are now retiring. Maybe in 2019 or 2020 after all the changes are made.
i hope @Gumby s wife buys him out

Of course corporate is going to say it’s a rumor the less they have to reduce the better. I heard it may be only effected departments like marketing , TSG, etc .

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

You mean you were never a sociopath. Very healthy living, smart decision making, words to live by.

TSGRelic

So yeah, I don't know about all the other changes, consolidations, and buy-outs, but I can confirm TSG is getting scrooged. We are not so much being directly reduced as our job is being made so undesirable for 20% of us that I predict 10-20% of us will be quitting in the next few months. In my state alone they are forcing 2 out of 7 techs to become full-time travelers, always going from center to center and not being home every night. I now single-handedly cover between 1/3 and 1/2 of my state to allow for those other 2 get transition to jobs they don't want. One of my centers is now 4+ hours away, and the expectation is that I will not get OT, therefore they will be wanting me to drive to that center, fix a problem, and stay overnight. Guess which center will have broken stuff all the time.

drbrownsox

There have been several new recs added in my district for friend/T Supervisors and Managers. Granted there is an operational need, but if there are any cuts or consolidations it might be DM and above.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
So you were the “weird” dude in the back that drive the Vw bus to work and they really didn’t say much to you because nobody really knew how “stable” you were??