Consolidation Rumors - On Topic

Discussion in 'UPS Partners' started by TSGguy, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Coldworld

Coldworld Bad mall cop...no donut!!!

Are us overpaid lazy teamsters going to take over this thread??? Hold on while I go get the other union trash and grab the pitchforks and torches...

2. Catatonic

Catatonic Nine Lives

I wasn't in the District and I was never a big shot and never will be.
    A Big Shot requires desire to be one and I like flying way under the radar.
    I always overachieved because no one had any expectations of me.

3. Catatonic

Catatonic Nine Lives

Retired 5 years ago.

4. j13501

j13501 Member

When we have a unsuccessful peak season, it's not the driver's fault. Management's job is to provide the planning, resources (cars, planes, additional drivers etc.) and accountability to deliver all the customers packages in a manner that meets the business plan for cost control and profitability. When this doesn't happen, it's management's fault.
    So reducing management will not suddenly produce better planning, resources and accountability. Most likely, it will make these things worse, resulting in unhappy drivers, unhappy center level management people... and unhappy UPS investors.

5. tino1

tino1 Member

If we go from 17 to 10 districts their will definitely be buyouts you won’t need two of everything. The staff functions would be impacted if the goal is to do more with less. I am just curious as to when this consolidation will occur if it happens.

6. Dragon

Dragon Package Center Manager

Making even more money in my "retirement job" hell ya, who do I contact?

7. tino1

tino1 Member

Of course corporate is going to say it’s a rumor the less they have to reduce the better. I heard it may be only effected departments like marketing , TSG, etc .

8. DELACROIX

DELACROIX In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

You mean you were never a sociopath. Very healthy living, smart decision making, words to live by.

9. TSGRelic

TSGRelic New Member

So yeah, I don't know about all the other changes, consolidations, and buy-outs, but I can confirm TSG is getting scrooged. We are not so much being directly reduced as our job is being made so undesirable for 20% of us that I predict 10-20% of us will be quitting in the next few months. In my state alone they are forcing 2 out of 7 techs to become full-time travelers, always going from center to center and not being home every night. I now single-handedly cover between 1/3 and 1/2 of my state to allow for those other 2 get transition to jobs they don't want. One of my centers is now 4+ hours away, and the expectation is that I will not get OT, therefore they will be wanting me to drive to that center, fix a problem, and stay overnight. Guess which center will have broken stuff all the time.

10. Coldworld

Ok.. fine

11. drbrownsox

drbrownsox Member

There have been several new recs added in my district for F/T Supervisors and Managers. Granted there is an operational need, but if there are any cuts or consolidations it might be DM and above.

12. Coldworld

So you were the “weird” dude in the back that drive the Vw bus to work and they really didn’t say much to you because nobody really knew how “stable” you were??

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Catatonic

Catatonic Nine Lives

I rode a motorcycle when I wasn't drivin' the bus.

14. Coldworld

What year was the bus??? I really hope you aren’t talking about a Re-purposed short school bus...

15. Old Man Jingles

Old Man Jingles Rat out of a cage

1969 VW Bus

16. Catatonic

Catatonic Nine Lives

1969 VW Bus

17. Coldworld

I knew it... you still have it??

18. Old Man Jingles

Nope
    I thought about buying a restored one but they are manual trans and my knees are shot.

19. Old Man Jingles

Has anyone seen @DELACROIX around here?
    I've been looking for him.

20. newfie

newfie Well-Known Member

they'll target the numbers to get what they want to get rid of.